NSA can no longer collect info on your phone calls

TheWutofWat

So if you are worried about what you way no you don't :)

(The new system) allows national security professionals to retain the capabilities necessary to continue protecting the country, while strengthening the civil liberties protections that the American people cherish.”-James R. Clapper, The Office of the Director of National Intelligence

Rest your tinfoil hats, folks (at least for a bit). Today opens a new era in North American history. One in which the NSA can no longer freely collect data on your telephone calls. Effective midnight, last night, the National Security Agency can no longer grab phone call information from carriers without a proper procedure. Carriers will be the only ones holding this data from now on, making it available to the NSA only with a court order.

Before this, the NSA was able to grab all kinds of data from your phone activity. This includes numbers, call length and sometimes even location. Needless to say this is considered a form of invasion of privacy, making today a victorious day for security buffs.

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/nsa-no-longer-collect-info-phone-calls-658630/

Yeah....no longer can, but they still will.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Sneaky sneaky goverment

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I'll believe this when pigs fly.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Sorry but I'm still not buying it.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

im sure it will stop them

giphy.gif

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

snip

I didn't care one way or the other.  The only thing I feel now can be summed by by the following quote:

"Your successes are unheralded--your failures are trumpeted." - John F Kennedy

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

They weren't supposed to anyway and it didn't stop them. What in the world makes them think any intelligent person is going to believe they won't do it (again)?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The NSA has "stopped" collecting phone data as many times as Microsoft has said they "care" about PC gaming.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

The people working their have to obey the law just like military officials or government positions in general and the budget as well as the programs are overseen by different branches.

The NSA isn't a small agency it's massive with huge programs that are all documented and put in place by officials with thousands of employees it would be nearly impossible to hide if they are still doing it.

And according to the official information as well as the info from ex-members we know that the mass collection was pretty much completely useless and didn't give any results.

Other government branches want and need real results and are probably trying to get better results through more effective methods.

The military as well as other agencies want good intel and when they see the huge budget flowing into the NSA without results you can bet they will get go right against it.

The government isn't a singular entity it's made up of tons of different branches that all have their own interests as well.

And yet only leaks reveal what they are actually doing....so unless information gets leaked they can operate with impunity.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So they've reverted back to lying about it then. That's a step backwards, not forwards. 

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I don't trust them to stop just because they aren't allowed to do it anymore. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Even if they stopped collecting phone data, who cares? It's not like they'll stop collecting data from the internet/private companies any time soon.

Also, I don't believe that they'll stop for one second.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Details separate people.

Horse. Shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Please follow the forum guideline when posting.

Putting quotes and the source is not enougth. You should explain the news in your own words.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yea, they don't need to. Based on some people believes on this forum, NSA made an association with Microsoft with Windows 10. Didn't you know?

I mean come on?

-> Pushing people to upgrade to Windows 10.

-> Putting new features to Windows 10 to make it tempting to upgrade.

-> Making it free.

-> Telemetry data that you can't disable.

-> Having multiple services like OneDrive, Outlook, and a web browser, so that you use them for a unified ecosystem. very fishy, if you ask me.

Everything points to NSA x Microsoft arrangement.

Yea, they don't need to. Based on some people believes on this forum, NSA made an association with Microsoft with Windows 10. Didn't you know?

I mean come on?

-> Pushing people to upgrade to Windows 10.

-> Putting new features to Windows 10 to make it tempting to upgrade.

-> Making it free.

-> Telemetry data that you can't disable.

-> Having multiple services like OneDrive, Outlook, and a web browser, so that you use them for a unified ecosystem very fishy, if you ask me.

Everything points to NSA x Microsoft arrangement.

What are you on about? Is this sarcasm?

Lol k, sure they can't....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|