2.1 to 5.1/7.1 surround sound.

Yoo Song Won
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

They're pretty old but they're Yamaha YST-M100's with sub-woofers...

from what i can see on google images it looks like they have RCA inputs

that means that if your motherboard has 7.1 audio out, all you need are some 3.5mm to RCA cables and place the speakers surrounding you, and you get 7.1 audio

just make sure you plug the correct speakers into the correct outputs

RNpCB.png

I have a 3 pairs of Yamaha 2.1 speakers with 2 sub-woofers and was wondering that if I connect them all If I could create 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speakers...

Also, how much have speaker audio quality improved since the 2000s?

what speakers

if they are passive speakers you will need a 7.1+ receiver

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

it's not about how much speakers you have it's about your sound card. if you have 7.1 surround speakers with a stereo sound card, it's useless. from the other side, there is headphone that support up to 7.1 channel surround like the Asus Vulcan pro

You certainly might be able to surround yourself with speakers, but I don't know if you will get the surround sound effect.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

what speakers

if they are passive speakers you will need a 7.1+ receiver

it's not about how much speakers you have it's about your sound card. if you have 7.1 surround speakers with a stereo sound card, it's useless. from the other side, there is headphone that support up to 7.1 channel surround like the Asus Vulcan pro

I have 7.1 soundcard's from MSI... Would that work?

I made a cheap person's 5.1 speaker system with a horrible no nome 2.1 speaker system and 2 $2 at the Op Shop Logitech speakers.

I only use it when I am playing Valve games.

If they are 3.5mm jacks you'll be fine.

that means that if your motherboard has 7.1 audio out, all you need are some 3.5mm to RCA cables and place the speakers surrounding you, and you get 7.1 audio

RNpCB.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Not really, this is mostly incorrect.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

RNpCB.png

Thanks a lot, this is great help! I'll try to do this...