"Bridging" wireless router Lan to wired lan

banana2301

I have a wacky setup at my house, I have a modem with a 48 port cisco switch running all the wired connections to the house, and then a wire running from that to a Asus ac wireless router by my Xbox and tv, the problem is that it appears that they are on two separate network "bubbles" and I can't connect devices such as my shield between the two, and also Xbox one streaming. Is there anyway to take the two and interconnect them? (Sounds really noobish)

My Desktop

Asus Maximus Formula VI-Intel 4770k-Gigabyte GTX 760-2x4GB-8GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro Ram-Samsung 840 EVO

You need the router to act as an acsess point not a router. You may be able to configure it in the routers settings

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Okay thanks, I'll look into it. :D

My Desktop

Asus Maximus Formula VI-Intel 4770k-Gigabyte GTX 760-2x4GB-8GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro Ram-Samsung 840 EVO

Yeah right now your router is acting as a router which means each interface is a different broadcast domain / network, if you make it into an access point then you'll get rid of this feature and every device should be able to communicate with one and other

I have a wacky setup at my house, I have a modem with a 48 port cisco switch running all the wired connections to the house, and then a wire running from that to a Asus ac wireless router by my Xbox and tv, the problem is that it appears that they are on two separate network "bubbles" and I can't connect devices such as my shield between the two, and also Xbox one streaming. Is there anyway to take the two and interconnect them? (Sounds really noobish)

I'm a bit confused as to your network topology here, you have a switch coming off a modem? That just wouldn't work.

I'm going to assume the modem is a device that also acts as a router. As rmac52 has said you will want the Asus router to act just as an access point/ethernet switch and nothing more. To do this you will ONLY be using the LAN ports on the router, do not use the WAN port. It may also be a good idea to disable DHCP services on it if there is already a device that serves this function within your network. However if the two devices are issuing addresses from the same scope there should be no problem.