Smartphone Battery charging (50% to 100%) is not a good idea is it -.-?

VerticalDiscussions
Go to solution Solved by Maximoose,

Hey guys, so my father is charging his phone from 50% to 100% from now on, and im just wondering what you guys think of such idea. Ive been reading and its probably gonna do some damage on the long run, but it seems my father doesnt care much about that right now i guess. So what you guys think, will it reduce battery potential? If i tell him to charge for 40% to 80% he may not change his mind or something but hey id like you guys to give an opinion :P.

Groomlake Authority

Hey guys, so my father is charging his phone from 50% to 100% from now on, and im just wondering what you guys think of such idea. Ive been reading and its probably gonna do some damage on the long run, but it seems my father doesnt care much about that right now i guess. So what you guys think, will it reduce battery potential? If i tell him to charge for 40% to 80% he may not change his mind or something but hey id like you guys to give an opinion :P.

Well, those are just a myths.

Modern battery are smart enough to turn itself off once it is full charge, and smartphone will use the power outlet for power.

Don't believe all those myths how "overcharging" your phone or charging your phone a lot will damage the battery. It will not.

I believe Linus made a video explain that, but I might be wrong. Either way, don't worry. 

Wait till you're under 20, if you charge it while it's above it could possibly damage the battery.

-snip-

Yeah i guess these myths should really die... If only (as we all want and keep talking on it), they got these graphene batteries out already! And if we had removable batteries -...- on every "good" phone.

Groomlake Authority