Proccesor clock limit w/amd catalyst

Evga

before updating drivers for my processor and graphics card etc. i used amd catalyst control centre to limit my proccesor to 1.9ghz (as it was doing a full wipe on multiple drives using kill disk) to save it getting too hot. now after uninstalling my old drivers and amd catalyst control centre, the processor is limited to 1.9ghz. i want to put it back up to its original clock speed but instead of amd catalyst control centre still being available, i had to download amd "radeon" settings. so now i cannot adjust the clock speed of the processor. I looked in the bios (Gigabyte) and it still registers it as 3.4ghz when in fact it is still running at 1.9ghz. thanks for help in advance and sorry for bad english, i do not speak english as a first language 

Cpu: i7 4790k @ 4ghz, Motherboard: z97 asus deluxe, Memory: 8gb Kingston hyperx blue, Graphics card: Evga gtx 750ti ftw, Storage: 1TB WD BLUE mass storage, Crucial 120gb ssd (boot drive win 8.1), PSUCorsair cx750w fully wired, Displays: ben Q  2 ms gtg  , Cpu coolerBe quiet! shadow-rock slim, Peripherals: Ducky shine 3, Corsair m65 gaming mouse, SoundHyper x cloud Headphones, OS: Windows 8.1