Skype is preventing shutdown

Eeglis

Skype is preventing shutdoqn for no reason for about 80% of the times. It's getting fairly annoying after few years. During that time I've changed Windowses, done clean installs, changed nearly every component in my PC and it's still here. The attachment is how it looked just a few minutes ago. Any tips?

no idea what to put here

If a program prevents shutdown for me, there's usually a button under it that says 'Shutdown anyway' or 'Force shutdown' iirc.

Or, just close skype before you shutdown. (if you can, im pretty sure you can.)

edit: unless your not getting a 'these programs are preventing you to shutdown your pc' thing, and skype is actually bringing you back to dekstop or something, then I cant help cuz I don't know about that :P

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Skype is preventing shutdoqn for no reason for about 80% of the times. It's getting fairly annoying after few years. During that time I've changed Windowses, done clean installs, changed nearly every component in my PC and it's still here. The attachment is how it looked just a few minutes ago. Any tips?

If a program prevents shutdown for me, there's usually a button under it that says 'Shutdown anyway' or 'Force shutdown' iirc.

Or, just close skype before you shutdown. (if you can, im pretty sure you can.)

You can exit Skype before shutting down the system, just right click on the taskbar icon > select quit Skype > exit. > Done  :D

I would check to make sure you are running current version as well, I have heard that some of the older versions are having issues with Win10.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I always forget to do so, so I'd prefer if windows would close it for me. I'll try updating Skype though.

no idea what to put here

I always forget to do so, so I'd prefer if windows would close it for me. I'll try updating Skype though.

do you have Skype load up at the start up of your PC? If so, disable Skype at start up. Then it wont turn on at the start.