Clearing cmos with onboard raid

I have 3x 850 pros ssd's in raid 0 and a few hdd's, and i need o know asap if resetting the cmos and re-enabling raid will destroy the array and make me lose my data. the reason for the reset is i want to remove my i7 4790k's oc but i don't know if it should be on adaptive, auto or manual. answering any of the previous questions will help me heaps, thanks in advance. 

I am using the on board controller, NOT an external pci-e card.

specs

- i7 4790k

- asus gene vii

I cannot lose my data.

I have 3x 850 pros ssd's in raid 0 and a few hdd's, and i need o know asap if resetting the cmos and re-enabling raid will destroy the array and make me lose my data. the reason for the reset is i want to remove my i7 4790k's oc but i don't know if it should be on adaptive, auto or manual. answering any of the previous questions will help me heaps, thanks in advance. 

I am using the on board controller, NOT an external pci-e card.

specs

- i7 4790k

- asus gene vii

I cannot lose my data.

Hi There,

I've performed this quite a number of times on storage volumes and I've yet to lose data, have since switched to Windows Storage Spaces as there are a great deal of benefits that would otherwise cluter this post. =)

!!! - Follow Below at own risk, I am not responsible if you lose your data - !!!

resetting CMOS to out of box and than re-enabling the onboard RAID controller, should not have a negative impact on your data.

As a precaution:

I would first create a backup (which one should be doing regularly, 321 backup methodology, at minimum will help you sleep easier at night).

Backup Current BIOS config.

Disconnect all array members, remember where they go so they land on the same on board raid controller as most boards have more than one,

Boot to BIOS, write down all relevant Storage settings.(RAID Controller Options, bootrom,boot order, port configurations (hotswap etc.)

Restore to "Recommened Settings"

Reboot,

Back into BIOS, apply your written down settings and any other pertinant ones. apply and reboot.

Power off,

Plug drives into their respective controller or ports you have documented above (you did follow the above step for this..right O_o ).

Reboot.

Trouble shoot as necessary.

Worse case:

Restore BIOS config, so you're back where you started this morning,

Restore data from backup that you made previously.

Hope this helps,

-Jason

I have a clear cmos button, is that what you mean by "Restore to "Recommened Settings"".

where are these (RAID Controller Options, bootrom,boot order, port configurations) settings in the bios, so i can change them after clearing the cmos. (using asus bios)

I don't have enough storage for a full backup, so....

This is more than likely and RTFM to confirm moment,

But memory serves me correct,

BOOT to BIOS,

Select Advanced,

PCH Storage Configs,

-SATA Configuration probably = 'RAID'

For reference, write all port configurations down.

As for the "Recommended Settings".

boot to bios,

advanced,

hit f5 key.

Hope that helps!

-Jason

If it's Intel you shouldn't have an issue as it will just pick up the array just be sure all the drives are plugged in correctly. I have even moved arrays over to different Intel based motherboards.

If it's Intel you shouldn't have an issue as it will just pick up the array just be sure all the drives are plugged in correctly. I have even moved arrays over to different Intel based motherboards.

+1 =)