Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - WiFi no longer Working

ahuckphin

I have a Samsung galaxy note 2 and for a couple months already, the WiFi function on my Galaxy Note 2 doesn't work.

Basically what happens is that when i connect, instead of saying "Connected", it displays, "Saved".

I have done all sorts of things...

1. Restart the phone

2. Went to a Samsung Service Centre to reset software to factory 

3. Went to another Samsung Service Centre to ask advice... they said my motherboard was dying

So basically does it mean that because my motherboard is dying, the WiFi function is broken???

EDIT (30/11/2015) - i have tried to connect to multiple networks and instead of saying "Connected", it displays, "Saved".

Have you tried resetting your router and forgetting the connection on your phone? I mean both at once.

• 4 weeks later...

Has the warranty of your phone ended? If yes, then you could tinker around with custom Android ROMs & see if the WiFi gonna work... Maybe it's only a software issue?

Have you tried taking it apart and cleaning the Wi-Fi antenna connectors or replacing the Wi-Fi antenna altogether? There are plenty of guides you can find on ifixit for note 2's and its cheap to do, obviously check software first but its worth a shot, if not then its most likely the WI-FI controller chip on your motherboard.

Have you tried taking it apart and cleaning the Wi-Fi antenna connectors or replacing the Wi-Fi antenna altogether? There are plenty of guides you can find on ifixit for note 2's and its cheap to do, obviously check software first but its worth a shot, if not then its most likely the WI-FI controller chip on your motherboard.

i could try that

I've seen before where the metal pads on the back of the plastic housing just need scratching to clean them up and it works perfectly again.
I work in a mobile repair shop and more often than not something just needs cleaning after its been in some ones pocket for a long time.

As long as you are confident in your ability to take things apart and follow a guide Samsung phones are not to hard to repair.