can viruses activate themselves if not compressed and is recovery by copying ok

So, I have a crashed PC with a 300gb (I think) SSD and 1tb HDD, if I copy the SSD files to the HHD and use the windows "reset all data on the SSD" option, 

when windows is reinstalled, and if I have a virus on the HDD (not compressed) is there any way of "self-activation" of the virus? and is there anything I have to be careful?

Also, is there a bootable version of file explorer or windows that is under 57GB (my USB size)? (don't say Linux alternatives please)

So, I have a crashed PC with a 300gb (I think) SSD and 1tb HDD, if I copy the SSD files to the HHD and use the windows "reset all data on the SSD" option, 

when windows is reinstalled, and if I have a virus on the HDD (not compressed) is there any way of "self-activation" of the virus? and is there anything I have to be careful?

Also, is there a bootable version of file explorer or windows that is under 57GB (my USB size)? (don't say Linux alternatives please)

if its not compressed in a rar or something other then a zip...it can auto activate

windows can open zip files natively...so having them compressed in a zip won't help

do a full scan of the files on the pc...remove anything it finds..then copy ONLY the files you need..not everything

less chance of getting something that way

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

There is always free dos.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Viruses can hide everywhere, even in the System Recovery.  The answer is yes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

A thumbdrive size bootable file explorer.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Viruses can hide everywhere, even in the System Recovery.  The answer is yes.

if its not compressed in a rar or something other then a zip...it can auto activate

windows can open zip files natively...so having them compressed in a zip won't help

do a full scan of the files on the pc...remove anything it finds..then copy ONLY the files you need..not everything

less chance of getting something that way

bootable windows with WinRar? (I am reinstalling windows)

You can use it to remove the virus.

the windows bootable files are corrupted, and I already removed 2 viruses with bootable norton EDIT: and C is detected as D (the SSD)

You can use it to remove the virus.

Just to let you know, your signature is broken.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

If u can boot windows, Hitman Pro is awesome for picking up viruses, it found viruses where no antivirus had found them.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Yes Specially RAT/Keyloggers are activated automatically on windows start.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

If u can boot windows, Hitman Pro is awesome for picking up viruses, it found viruses where no antivirus had found them.

nope, my computer crashed just after I ran it, and I got hitman pro text b4 it crashed, thanks anyway

nope, my computer crashed just after I ran it, and I got hitman pro text b4 it crashed, thanks anyway

you can backup your files with a linux live cd/usb

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile