Need new Processor, Motherboard and RAM to run DOTA 2 and CS:GO

xpo
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,

I mean, yea other than the mb, proc and ram im using everything else, im from indonesia btw. u can recommend me in usd no prob :) For the case, im not gonna put that on the budget as i can easily get a cheap one.

Well if you still have the 250 GPU an 860k is what you'll want unless the i3 is only a bit more expensive, you don't want a G3258 because some games just will not run on a dual core properly.

Or you can always sell what you got and get a tiny GPUless build depending on part availability, an APU is going to run those games just fine 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zQP9kL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zQP9kL/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD A8-7670K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($86.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($48.88 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.98 @ OutletPC)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($33.15 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($42.50 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $341.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-29 03:52 EST-0500

Hey, I am going to upgrade my rig and I usually play DOTA 2 and CS:GO with an R7 250 card. I need recommendations for the motherboard, processor and RAM size. My budget is a bit flexible as I'm currently planning to get a G3258 and overclock or an AMD X4 860K. My budget is enough as I planned on getting a Core i5 4460 too. Any suggestions would be accepted as long as the price range doesn't go beyond that. Thanks!

Hey, I am going to upgrade my rig and I usually play DOTA 2 and CS:GO with an R7 250 card. I need recommendations for the motherboard, processor and RAM size. My budget is a bit flexible as I'm

So what's your current rig? And what's your budget?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

So what's your current rig? And what's your budget?

I currently have no rig as it got toasted a few days ago. My budget is up to the price of a Core i5. 

i5-4460

msi h81m

hyperx fury 2x4gb

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

I currently have no rig as it got toasted a few days ago. My budget is up to the price of a Core i5. 

That's not a dollar amount lol, also what country?

And do you have any parts you're reusing aside from the case?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

i5-4460

msi h81m

hyperx fury 2x4gb

if im gonna go with an i5, i think i have to get a new PSU as well. Any recommendations?

That's not a dollar amount lol, also what country?

And do you have any parts you're reusing aside from the case?

I mean, yea other than the mb, proc and ram im using everything else, im from indonesia btw. u can recommend me in usd no prob :) For the case, im not gonna put that on the budget as i can easily get a cheap one.

if im gonna go with an i5, i think i have to get a new PSU as well. Any recommendations?

what psu are you currently using? evga g2 550w wlll be nice. a 10/10 score from johnney guru. Nuf said.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

what psu are you currently using? evga g2 550w wlll be nice. a 10/10 score from johnney guru. Nuf said.

Im from indonesia and there are no distributors for EVGA brand... im currently using a japanese brand pure 450w power supply

Well if you still have the 250 GPU an 860k is what you'll want unless the i3 is only a bit more expensive, you don't want a G3258 because some games just will not run on a dual core properly.

Or you can always sell what you got and get a tiny GPUless build depending on part availability, an APU is going to run those games just fine 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($48.88 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.98 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($42.50 @ SuperBiiz)

Spoiler

My plan for an AMD is to either get an A8-6600K/X4 860K/FX-4300/FX-6300 paired with a motherboard MSI A88X-Gaming(FM2+)/MSI 970-G43(AM3+)