What cpu is for me?

I need a strictly gaming cpu, I have no interest in video rendering only gaming. My bugget is around 200-300 please help I just want to know the cpu that is best for strictly gaming in my budget

i5 4xxx series will do you well or Skylake i5 6xxx

Edit: Is that budget for the CPU or entire build?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

What currency? If USD go with the i5 6600k. 

CPU: i7 6700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V @ 2400mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr | Case: Corsair 300r windowed | Storage: 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Monitor: BenQ xl2420z | Cooler: Corsair h60 | Sound: Astro A40 | Mouse: Razer Taipan | OS: Win 8.1 | PCPartPicker Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xV7tZL

Please say the CPU :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

remember you cant just upgrade the cpu if the motherboard isnt gonna be replaced for if its not the same socket.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

It is for the cpu haha

Is the i5 6600 better than the i5 4690k for gaming?

If you OC the 4690k to 4.4-4.5GHz they're equal, if you OC the 4690k higher than that, it wins out. Overclocking beats IPC improvements, except nothing is guaranteed with overclocking.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

It is for the cpu haha

Ok that's what I thought :)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City