Fallout 4 lagging

zconflictz7

When i am in sancutary the game will freeze for about 3 seconds every minute or so. I have some mods installed. what could be causing this.

what are your system specs?

[Dat Black and White] i5 4690k @ 4.7 GHz | Gigabyte G1 R9 380 4GB | MSI Z97A SLI Krait Edtion | Hyper X 16GB 1866 RAM | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair RM 750W | WD Black 1TB | Kingston 240GB SSD

on profile

Do you have any overclock on GPU?

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

could very well be your 970's VRAM usage going past 3.5 GB since there is a .5 GB portion that runs significantly slower than the rest of the VRAM. The mods installed can be pushing your VRAM to that point. does it lag without the mods?

[Dat Black and White] i5 4690k @ 4.7 GHz | Gigabyte G1 R9 380 4GB | MSI Z97A SLI Krait Edtion | Hyper X 16GB 1866 RAM | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair RM 750W | WD Black 1TB | Kingston 240GB SSD

could very well be your 970's VRAM usage going past 3.5 GB since there is a .5 GB portion that runs significantly slower than the rest of the VRAM. The mods installed can be pushing your VRAM to that point. does it lag without the mods?

i havent tried. let me check

no i do not

Ok , just wondering, Fallout 4 doesn't seem to like GPU overclocks

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

i put the graphics on meduim and disabled some mods but its till doing it. i also have a mod that allows me to make bigger settlements

ocording to ohw my gpu is only using 58% vram

interesting. RAM speed can also have an impact on performance as well apparently too, it could be your ram acting up but other than that im not really sure

http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-performance-heavily-influenced-by-ram-speed-according-to-report/

can i also be caused by the amount of ram you have?

No, as long as you have 8 GB (which you do) then i dont see why it would be an issue. I doubt FO4 runs like Batman AK where 12 GB of RAM is needed/reccomended to run the game properly.

No, as long as you have 8 GB (which you do) then i dont see why it would be an issue. I doubt FO4 runs like Batman AK where 12 GB of RAM is needed/reccomended to run the game properly.

could it be caused because my settlements are over the max size