Which brand of motherboard is generally better?

Snipe86K
Go to solution Solved by iHardware Shelden,

The CPU going in is an am3+.

ASUS is your friend then, MSI and ASRock were not that great when it came to the AM3+ lineup, Gigabyte and ASUS were/are.

You're getting pretty much the same thing across the board other than higher quality components which unless you're some serious overclocker or just have money to spend, it won't really affect you.

I typically go for ASRock personally as their boards have never died on me and they're relatively cheap for what you're getting; good value.

By general note, Asus makes solid boards.

However, each board is different, judge by board, not brand.

The community screams that "Asus is the best"

However, the best overclocking board in the world, is actually a gigabyte board, and the best feature wise is msi (if im not mistaken)

So just remember, judge by board, not brand.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Ok this is a hard subject to talk about. Basically it depends on the generation of the board, take the AM3+ line for example, ASUS and Gigabyte are most likely the most reliable because of the components used on the boards then. What platform are you going for (1150, AM3+, FM2+, X99)?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I really like Gigabyte motherboards- every one I've used has been awesome. Only problem I find is they don't have enough fan headers, then again which motherboards do? Also I really like MSI motherboards- I've used a bunch of them and they always look and feel premium, even the cheap ones.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I personally go Asus cos I prefer their UEFI layout and UI.  All the big brands make good stuff, if they didn't they wouldn't be in business anymore, especially dying motherboards.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Ok this is a hard subject to talk about. Basically it depends on the generation of the board, take the AM3+ line for example, ASUS and Gigabyte are most likely the most reliable because of the components used on the boards then. What platform are you going for (1150, AM3+, FM2+, X99)?

The CPU going in is an am3+. also a micro atx mid tower if that matters.

Asus

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The CPU going in is an am3+.

ASUS is your friend then, MSI and ASRock were not that great when it came to the AM3+ lineup, Gigabyte and ASUS were/are.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I prefer MSI because of their warranty

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.