Monitor looses input and need to restart PC

TheMidnightNarwhal

So sometimes when I play on Rainbow Six Siege I will loose input in my monitor and need to restart my computer to get input. Don't know whats the problem. Specs in sig.

Could be the video card being a bit old or faulty. If you have another GPU around somewhere trying putting it into your pc and see if it crashes.

But it could be another part, Im not an expert but if the videos being lost ill blame the GPU first.

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Try to do a fresh install of the nvidia drivers... using this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

i never thought of the driver failing... you just taught me something new

Still looses input. I think the GPU fans spin to 100% when no input. I can hear them. Happened while I was not even in a game.

Still looses input. I think the GPU fans spin to 100% when no input. I can hear them. Happened while I was not even in a game.

does it happens with other games...

does it happens with other games...

Did not try. Did happen when I was on the desktop once. Also more information, card is around 77 celcius when last crash occured.

is your motherboard using the latest bios version?

use gpuz and monitor your gpu, check if the voltage and the power utilization is somewhat constant... or if it randomly drops before it happen