Possible 5 or 6 screens? HELP.

Sniper Xls

Hey guys currently running a 4 screen config and considering moving to 5 possible 6 however many people have told me that the max any system can do is 4 regardless of SLI. System specs below. I was told by a good friend who does this himself due to a capture card needs that you can run a 5th screen of the HDMI or DP port of the motherboard only downside to this is that the screen does not show in Nvdia control panel. Wont bother me that because its strictly for screen temps among other small applications. So have you guys got a way to do 6 or 5 screens? 

Case: Corsair 750D Full Tower
Processor: Intel i7 4790K @ 4GHz
Cooler: Corsair H100i Closed Water Cooling Loop
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics Card: 2 x Nvidia Reference GTX 980 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 1666MHz
SSD: 2 x Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB (Raid 0)
Storage: 1 x 2TB Western Digital Black, 2 x 4TB Western Digital Black
Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W
Peripherals:

Mouse: Asus Republic of Gamers Gladius Optical
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Mechanical with Black Cherry MX Switches (Blue LEDs)
Monitors: 3 x Asus Republic of Gamers Swift PG278Q 27" 1440p, 1 x Asus VN279Q 27" 1080p
Headset: Logitech G430
Webcam: Logitech C920 1080p

Maybe? Look on NVidia.com to see if the 980 even supports more than 4. If so, what are you expecting to do with all 5-6? :P

I used to be quite active here.

You're probably going to need two GPUs in SLI to be able to run more than 4, though seeing how you have 2x GTX 980s, just plug half of the monitors into one, the other half into the other.

Should work, though I might be wrong, never ran more than 3 monitors on a single computer, and never had two GPUs in SLI :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hey guys currently running a 4 screen config and considering moving to 5 possible 6 however many people have told me that the max any system can do is 4 regardless of SLI. System specs below. I was told by a good friend who does this himself due to a capture card needs that you can run a 5th screen of the HDMI or DP port of the motherboard only downside to this is that the screen does not show in Nvdia control panel. Wont bother me that because its strictly for screen temps among other small applications. So have you guys got a way to do 6 or 5 screens? 

Case: Corsair 750D Full Tower

Processor: Intel i7 4790K @ 4GHz

Cooler: Corsair H100i Closed Water Cooling Loop

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7

Graphics Card: 2 x Nvidia Reference GTX 980 4GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 1666MHz

SSD: 2 x Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB (Raid 0)

Storage: 1 x 2TB Western Digital Black, 2 x 4TB Western Digital Black

Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W

Peripherals:

Mouse: Asus Republic of Gamers Gladius Optical

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Mechanical with Black Cherry MX Switches (Blue LEDs)

Monitors: 3 x Asus Republic of Gamers Swift PG278Q 27" 1440p, 1 x Asus VN279Q 27" 1080p

Headset: Logitech G430

Webcam: Logitech C920 1080p

Yes, you can plug an extra screen into the motherboard in addition to the ones from the GPU just fine. 

You're probably going to need two GPUs in SLI to be able to run more than 4, though seeing how you have 2x GTX 980s, just plug half of the monitors into one, the other half into the other.

I was considering doing this however I know it would work however IU would not be able to ise SLI max 3d performance and have all the screens powered all at the same time but still does not dismiss the information I was told about the max 4 screens regardless of SLI. 

Yes, you can plug an extra screen into the motherboard in addition to the ones from the GPU just fine. 

Have you got any sources anything on any information on setting this kinda of thing up please?

Yeah it's doable, test it out with a friends monitor or something first, but yeah it is most likely doable judging by your specs and the GPU you have.

Have you got any sources anything on any information on setting this kinda of thing up please?

no sources but you have to go into your bios and select advance graphics setting or something and activated the apu (or virtual gpu or something) (has been a while doing this) that is all you have to do

hakuna matata

Have just tried it and possible able to do up to 6 screens ! Something I may do ! Thank you guys!