Can i play games on 1080P on Lenovo y700-15 4K edition?

RevoX86

I once saw a video from linus reviewing another lenovo model which is y50 4k, however from his video he shows that turning down the settings of the games to 1080P will create big black borders around the game and the game window will look small, has this been fixed? cause im planning on buying around next week, and if so how will it look like playing 1080p on a 4k display? and is it worth it for programmers? or should i stick with 1080p edition?

The gpu chip it ships with is GTX 960m just for your info need and a intel skylake i7 6700HQ with 16GB of ram. (worth it?)

Playing 1080p on a 4K is not that good of an experience. I have a 4K screen and when I set it to 1080p everything just looks blurry and lacking detail regardless of the quality preset. Better stick with the 1080p version of the laptop. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I once saw a video from linus reviewing another lenovo model which is y50 4k, however from his video he shows that turning down the settings of the games to 1080P will create big black borders around the game and the game window will look small, has this been fixed? cause im planning on buying around next week, and if so how will it look like playing 1080p on a 4k display? and is it worth it for programmers? or should i stick with 1080p edition?

The gpu chip it ships with is GTX 960m just for your info need and a intel skylake i7 6700HQ with 16GB of ram. (worth it?)

You should be able to modify the scaling settings however you want in the NVIDIA control panel to control whether you have a black border or not.

Playing 1080p on a 4K is not that good of an experience. I have a 4K screen and when I set it to 1080p everything just looks blurry and lacking detail regardless of the quality preset. Better stick with the 1080p version of the laptop. 

and since we are talking about a laptop (which i assume you have a monitor) how much would that blurriness do you think will be noticeable on a 4k laptop monitor, which is like 15.7 inch?

and since we are talking about a laptop (which i assume you have a monitor) how much would that blurriness do you think will be noticeable on a 4k laptop monitor, which is like 15.7 inch?

Yes, I have a 28'' monitor. On laptop... its hard to say, but factor in that you won't be cranking the details way up too even in 1080p. The GTX 960M won't be able to handle that. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here