HELP!

beaker15

Need help upgrading to newer OSX. I have an older Mac Mini (2009) and used the installer DVD to install OSX 10.5.6. Now I need to upgrade to at least 10.6.x to do anything useful. Apple's website says in order to upgrade I need to have Yosemite but I can't get Yosemite because El Captain was released. Can I torrent an iso or dmg of Yosemite and upgrade it via reinstalling? Please advise any thing would help as I'm still new to Mac computers.

Probably agains COC to talk about if piracy works, but i believe you have to buy/get a copy of Yosemite, i dont think (just like with windows) that you can just downgrade for free

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Need help upgrading to newer OSX. I have an older Mac Mini (2009) and used the installer DVD to install OSX 10.5.6. Now I need to upgrade to at least 10.6.x to do anything useful. Apple's website says in order to upgrade I need to have Yosemite but I can't get Yosemite because El Captain was released. Can I torrent an iso or dmg of Yosemite and upgrade it via reinstalling? Please advise any thing would help as I'm still new to Mac computers.

Why can't you just use El Capitan 

Probably because some program only works on yosemite, although i have a feeling that it is going to get an update which allows it to run on el captain

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Because its says I need Yosemite.