Define R5 vs Air 540

Predrag

I don't need the side panel, I have air cooling and I like silence. Which should I go with?

I don't need the side panel, I have air cooling and I like silence. Which should I go with?

Well

they are from 2 different categories

R5 is more of your classical silent optimized case

while the air 540 is, well airflow optimized

I will give you the same advice i give to everyone else

take the one you think looks the best, they are both excellent cases.

Define R5, but that's just because to me the air 540 looks like an ugly AC unit.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

The air 540 will have better airflow and will be shorter, shallower, and wider than the define r5, though it will also be a little noisier due to the lack of sound insulating materials.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

R5 imo. Although I don't like the look of the modu-vents.. if you're air cooling then you don't even need to remove them and just have a front intake and exhaust in the back.

Air 540. Easy decision.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I prefer the R5 but this is an unfair comparison; the correct comparison for the R5 would be the 330R or in the case (no pun intended) of the Air 540 would be the HAF XB. I still would personally get the R5.

Genesis 2:1|CPU- FX8320E|GPU- Asus R7 250X 2gb|RAM- 16GB Team DDR3 1866mhz|MOBO- Asus Sabertooth 990FX|HDD- WD 1TB|SSD- SD 240GB|PSU- 620w|OS-Win764HP|

Laptops:|Dell Latitude E6320 - CPU: i5-2520M - RAM: 6GB - HDD: 500GB - OS: Win 7 64U|Dell Inspiron 1525 - CPU: Celeron 540 - RAM: 1GB - HDD: 80GB - OS Win 7 32HP|