Need help for a new build.

Highguy

1. Budget & Location
Around 2000$CAD (Can go up or down).

2. Aim
Gaming, hosting servers with friends, play intensive CPU game like ARMA 3, a lot of multitasking, streaming/recording etc.

3. Monitors
I have two monitors at 1920x1080.

4. Peripherals
I only need a computer build nothing else.

5. Why are you upgrading?
I gave my old computer to my little brother.

# There's so much stuff out there it's really hard to find the right parts for a new build. I was thinking of buying the 980 TI with a i7-4790k or maybe a i7-6900k depending if DDR4 is really worth it.

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($168.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Canada Computers) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ DirectCanada) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($798.99 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2048.90

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-28 11:17 EST-0500

$50 over :c And yes Skylake is worth it (depending on the budget) and you could easily driver 2 1080p displays with an R9 390.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

The above mentioned system is good. But given you will be playing cpu intensive games as well as a lot of multitasking i would go with an intel i7 5820k 6 core and an x99 chipset motherboard. The extra processing power would really benifit your cpu performance needs. Slap a cooler master glacial 240L all in one liquad cooler on that cpu and you can easily oc to a very stable 4.5GHz and actually dominate the skylake in overall everyday performace. And you can usually get the 5820x for cheaper than the skylake 6700k simply because places are over charging for it because its new and keeps running out of stock