Choosing a new phone.

So from off today I can select a new phone from my carrier.

My Samsung Galaxy S4 has done a good job over the past few years but it's time to move on.

The only problem...  I have difficulty to decide which phone to select next.

I initially wanted to give the Samsung Note 5  a try.. but it isn't coming to Europe (at least not yet) so that one was out of the run.

The best comparison to it was the Samsung Galaxy S6 ((edge)plus). At least so I've been told.

Yet the S6 (edge) doesn't look all that interesting to me. The only things I liked about it was the High Quality display.. yet the curved glass doesn't seem too appealing to me.

I like the wireless charging but otherwise it just seems to be a regular Samsung device.

The iPhone 6s seems to have some interesting features like the new pressure touch. It does have a slighter less sharp looking display than the Samsung S6, but still a very good one.

The camera of the phones seems to be about the same quality.

Now these are the main devices I've been looking at but I also know there are still many more other brands out there, which makes it even more difficult to choose a new phone.

So I come to this forum in hope you guys can help me with making the right choice for a new phone.

Looking at my current storage usage I definitely know that 32gb or less just isn't going to cut it. So I'm looking for a phone with at least 64gb preferably 128gb.

I'd say that the camera, and thus also watching videos are the 2nd highest priority on the list.  

After that probably comes social media stuff and webbrowsing.

and after that a bit of games to play.

For screensize 4,7 inch  would be about the mimimum.

So I wonder what you guys thoughts are on what phone would be best suitable for me.

My current top 3 would be

(0. The Note 5)

1. The iPhone 6s)

2. Galaxy S6 Edge

3. Galaxy S6 

As a general rule of thumb, I would personally side with Android over iOS just based on the operating system. I don't like how iOS looks or performs. Thats not saying it bad, just not my preference.

As far as the phones go, they are also identical in performance with minor difference. Memory management is an issue in Samsung's Touchwiz so switching between apps or do a lot of multitasking will be slower in the Galaxy phones but not necessary in other mainstream android Flagships like the Nexus 6P or the LG V10/G4 or Motorola Pure Style X

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

As a general rule of thumb, I would personally side with Android over iOS just based on the operating system. I don't like how iOS looks or performs. Thats not saying it bad, just not my preference.

As far as the phones go, they are also identical in performance with minor difference. Memory management is an issue in Samsung's Touchwiz so switching between apps or do a lot of multitasking will be slower in the Galaxy phones but not necessary in other mainstream android Flagships like the Nexus 6P or the LG V10/G4 or Motorola Pure Style X

I never have used iOS, besides a few times on a friends phone.

I just heard about the ''chipgate'' of the iphone were there is a slight difference in performance?  at least on battery life.

But on samsung I always found a lot of pre-installed crap. I don't know how this is on other phones.

iOS because Android will not give you updates.

If you want Android, then a big battery capacity phone is better.

The S6 is bullcrap is 5/5 of my friends have problems with it.

I just heard about the ''chipgate'' of the iphone were there is a slight difference in performance? at least on battery life.

But on samsung I always found a lot of pre-installed crap. I don't know how this is on other phones.

Don't worry about chip-gate.

It's better than the samsung phones openly declaring that they have exynos and snapdragon processors in the same model but different variant.

Chip-gate wise isn't a big deal as notably software could fix problems like this in the future.

I just heard about the ''chipgate'' of the iphone were there is a slight difference in performance?  at least on battery life.

Chipgate is none issue for everything but the highest of end of power users. 99% of users will never notice an issue with the new iPhone.

I wouldn't take anecdotal evidence from random forum users but do your research with other reviews and find what will work best for you.What features you prefer or form factor you like. Overall for most people, there is nothing wrong with either the iPhones or the Galasy S 6 series of phones.

If I had the money I would get a moto X pure (cheaper option with weak camera software) or nexus 6p but the iPhone 6s is definitely still  top of the ladder option 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

iOS because Android will not give you updates.

Oh really? Tell me more about how Android does not have any software updates.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

If you like bigger phones maybe the Moto X Pure Edition (or maybe you could find some left over Nexus 6s though maybe Nexus 6s are easier to find Europe.)

I just got a S6 a couple days ago and so far I like it, I mean I'm not a huge fan of Touchwiz but I've tamed it down using the Google Now Launcher though I have quite a bit of bloatware Samsung and Verizon included. Most of the Samsung bloatware went fairly easy some stuff I'm kind of stuck with.

However, the one thing that wasn't totally useless and actually pretty good the Peel Smart Remote app. I would've preferred that Samsung had made the remote app themselves. Though I guess the Peel one is good enough, it got the living room TV on the first try and my bedroom TV on the second.

The S6s screen is a little too saturated but not that big of a deal, also the fingerprint read sometimes doesn't read either two of my programmed fingers correctly so I have to deal with the 6 alphanumeric password it would be a lot better if I could just do a 4 digit pin but maybe the latter is suppose to be more secure.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Oh really? Tell me more about how Android does not have any software updates.

They don't give you software updates dude.

I had so many Android phones, and the only phone which i got software updates for newer android version were only my Sony phones.

Even if there was on the Samsung phones, they were always 5 months late and after that, no more updates.

They don't give you software updates dude.

I had so many Android phones, and the only phone which i got software updates for newer android version were only my Sony phones.

Even if there was on the Samsung phones, they were always 5 months late and after that, no more updates.

"Even if there was on the Samsung phones, they were always 5 months late and after that, no more updates."

That's the most major part.

If you get a respectable device such as a nexus one, then you get software updates really regularly.

At least it isn't the iPhone, my mum's iPhone 5 downloaded iOS 9 on mobile data. Seriously, mobile data, without her asking it to and without her clicking accept or whatever it is.

Also, everyone, would you recommend the OnePlus One or the Asus ZenFone 2?