M2 + SATAIII SSD

ilidene

Hello forum !

I currently run a 

MyDigitalSSD SC2 Super Cache 2 42mm SATA III 6G M.2 NGFF M2 SSD Solid State Drive (128GB) 

as my boot drive and a regular 1TB HDD as storage, but since I have got a NAS I don't really need any storage on my PC anymore.

I am thinking about swapping the 1TB HDD (I have a laptop) for a 

Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300

to have some extra fast storage since my SSD is packed with programs i'm frequently using and OS.

So the question is : can I run those 2 different SSDs in RAID0 considering they use different connections, controllers etc, and will I get any speed boost from that ?(I backup to my NAS daily) 

No. For RAID 0, they need to be connected to the same controller. RAID 1 could be achieved on the software side. Just to test it, enter the RAID setup now and see if it lets you build the array with your current drives. I bet it won't. Don't save anything so it won't go haywire. Also, if it's speed you're after, consider some other SSD than a V300. In real-world use, it's barely any faster than a good HDD.

Kingston SSDNow... Not fast.

Buy a Samsung, SanDisk, or really any other SSD.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC