Finalising Build, + Cool Name?

DoubleTech
Go to solution Solved by DoubleTech,

Yep enough for overclocking. The 980Ti is a maxwell GPU so its pretty efficient. The G2 is top notch so stick with it.

Ok, thanks man!!

(Why i chose certain parts) So, this is the first computer im going to make, i know it's quite expensive and people would call it a waste but i don't want to upgrade my system every 2 years (graphic Crad) so i can play on ultra @2k. THe 980ti is pretty much the best card you can get and the CPU is the sweetspot for what i want. (video editing, graphic Design etc) I will be upgrading the CPU cooler pretty much a couple of months after if the build is too slow or my cooler can't keep cool enouhg on abouit a 3.8ghz overclock (this cpu cooler was meant for another build and i purchased it waayy to early)

I went with 16Gb over 8 because i feel that i will utalize it alot more than the normal gamer would be just playing games. As my puropse for the build needs the extra ram, i got it in 4x4 because the x99 board is a quad memory channel. I went with a 500gb ssd because i want to put most of the games i play everyday and steam, graphic design apps and other stuff i will be using daily there too.

The power supply i feel is just right.

Heres the build:

Western Digital WD Black WD2003FZEX 2TB

Fractal Design Define S Mid Tower with Window Black

MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition Motherboard

Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB 2.5in SSD

Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14 140mm Black Fan  (+ the 2 in the case)

Intel Core i7 5820K

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB

Kingston HyperX Fury HX424C15FBK4/16 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 Black

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Power Supply

Phanteks PH-TC12DX Black edition CPU cooler.

heres the bit i want you guys to read, so since im already spending quite alot on the build and i will be looking at it every day, i thought i'd put a bit more into it to make it look a lot better.

I got the Cable Mod E series G2 & e2 white so everything will match (going for the black and white theme)

i also will more than likely get some white led's to go around the inside of the case to light it up, but might take them out if it doesn't look very good. I also am getting a RGB led strip that is going to go behind my desk so it adds abit more light to the room and makes it look better aswell (i hope) Do you guys see any problems with my build? iv'e went over it quite alot of times but think everything should still fit in to it.

I also need to name my build but cant think of anything good to name it, any ideas....

Call it Zeus

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

That power supply is overkill unless you plan on SLI get 650W.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

(Why i chose certain parts) So, this is the first computer im going to make, i know it's quite expensive and people would call it a waste but i don't want to upgrade my system every 2 years (graphic Crad) so i can play on ultra @2k. THe 980ti is pretty much the best card you can get and the CPU is the sweetspot for what i want. (video editing, graphic Design etc) I will be upgrading the CPU cooler pretty much a couple of months after if the build is too slow or my cooler can't keep cool enouhg on abouit a 3.8ghz overclock (this cpu cooler was meant for another build and i purchased it waayy to early)

I went with 16Gb over 8 because i feel that i will utalize it alot more than the normal gamer would be just playing games. As my puropse for the build needs the extra ram, i got it in 4x4 because the x99 board is a quad memory channel. I went with a 500gb ssd because i want to put most of the games i play everyday and steam, graphic design apps and other stuff i will be using daily there too.

The power supply i feel is just right.

Heres the build:

Western Digital WD Black WD2003FZEX 2TB

Fractal Design Define S Mid Tower with Window Black

MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition Motherboard

Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB 2.5in SSD

Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14 140mm Black Fan  (+ the 2 in the case)

Intel Core i7 5820K

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB

Kingston HyperX Fury HX424C15FBK4/16 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 Black

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 850W Power Supply

Phanteks PH-TC12DX Black edition CPU cooler.

Everything seems pretty well thought out! Yeah only real recommendation is that you don't need the 850 PSU like @Castdeath97 said.

Also I wouldn't bother with the sleeved cables if you're going for a black and white build, the cables are black anyway  :) I have the supernova g2 750w and if you pull back the heatshrink a little bit it exposes the black wires underneath, making it look nicer   :P

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold

agreed... however if your worried about 'future proofness'... you can always through a 2nd 980ti in there at anytime if you feel you need to without having to worry about anything else like upgrading the PSU...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

Just so you know, if you, for any reason, ever need to RMA one stick of your RAM, you have to send the whole kit back. With what you have, your rig would sit bricked for the duration of the swap. So getting two 2x4GB kits off the bat might be wise, two 4x4GB kits even more so.

Edit: Oh and you should definitely do a RAID 0 array with two 250GB SSDs instead of just the one 500GB.

agreed... however if your worried about 'future proofness'... you can always through a 2nd 980ti in there at anytime if you feel you need to without having to worry about anything else like upgrading the PSU...

That's why I said unless he wants to SLI.

Pascal laptops guide

probably wont, downgrade to 750 or 650?

na probably wont get a 2nd 980ti, probably will just get the next titan x or whatever by then anway.

Just so you know, if you, for any reason, ever need to RMA one stick of your RAM, you have to send the whole kit back. With what you have, your rig would sit bricked for the duration of the swap. So getting two 2x4GB kits off the bat might be wise, two 4x4GB kits even more so.

Edit: Oh and you should definitely do a RAID 0 array with two 250GB SSDs instead of just the one 500GB.

Yea sounds like a good idea, so do you think i just get 2 18gb 4x4 kits and put them in my build or just get the second one and leave it out till i need it.

Everything seems pretty well thought out! Yeah only real recommendation is that you don't need the 850 PSU like @Castdeath97 said.

Also I wouldn't bother with the sleeved cables if you're going for a black and white build, the cables are black anyway  :) I have the supernova g2 750w and if you pull back the heatshrink a little bit it exposes the black wires underneath, making it look nicer   :P

I think that it would add i nice touch so i think i will stick with them anyway, Thanks for the reccomendation though!

probably wont, downgrade to 750 or 650?

650W, make sure you don't plan to SLI in the future.

Pascal laptops guide

650W, make sure you don't plan to SLI in the future.

Any power supply you recommend or do i just stick with the EVGA g2 series (if they have 650w ) are you sure that is enough considering i will be overclocking my GPU and my cpu to about 4.3ghz in the future (a couple of months after i build it)

Yea sounds like a good idea, so do you think i just get 2 18gb 4x4 kits and put them in my build or just get the second one and leave it out till i need it.

I'd put them all in from the get go. Even if you're unlucky enough that one stick from each kit fails, you could still RMA the kits separately. 

Any power supply you recommend or do i just stick with the EVGA g2 series (if they have 650w ) are you sure that is enough considering i will be overclocking my GPU and my cpu to about 4.3ghz in the future (a couple of months after i build it)

Yep enough for overclocking. The 980Ti is a maxwell GPU so its pretty efficient. The G2 is top notch so stick with it.

Pascal laptops guide

I'd put them all in from the get go. Even if you're unlucky enough that one stick from each kit fails, you could still RMA the kits separately. 

i don't think i will need the full 32 but i will put them in and see if i notice any difference worth keeping the other kit in otherwise ill just leave it out till i need it or use it in another build.

Ok, thanks man!!