Will this dual-input audio jack make my PC headset run on my new Xbox One?

Buddhaz Priest
Go to solution Solved by Buddhaz Priest,

Well, update for anyone who was curious and considering doing this: I purchased the 6 dollar adapter, and hooked it up to my controller, and everything works great. My particular headset (SteelSeries Siberia V2) has a volume knob and chat switch on the headphone cord itself, so that was nice, but if you're planning on using a headset like this with your controller, a couple things to note: if you don't have in-line controls on your headset, the 24.95 headset adapter is probably the way to go. But, if you're like me and have in-line controls, this is really a great, cheap solution to make a nice 2 connection PC headset work on your console. The only thing that takes a little bit, is take the time to get into a chat or game with a friend and have him critique your audio quality, and get your headset set up right the first time. Then, it's plug and play from then on. The Xbox One really does a great job of giving you a lot of controls for how your chat experience sounds. You can adjust the mix between game/chat, master volume, monitor volume, etc. Really nice.

So, like the title says, I have a new style xbox one controller with the 3.5mm audio jack, and I have a SteelSeries Siberia v2 headset I would really rather use on my console rather than buying another one if possible, and I was scrolling Amazon and came across a couple of options, and simply wondered if this would do the trick. The adds all say they're for use as with a cell phone, like if you wanted to use a Siberia or other headset on your iPhone or Android phone, they would take the separate mic and audio inputs and turn it into a single input/output to the phone/device.

Here are a few examples I've found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Computer-Smartphone-Blackberry/dp/B00ENFA3GO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SP0WAQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1SKH99638NJH9YHZ9XQQ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

http://www.amazon.com/SuperWhole-Earphone-Headset-Microphone-Adapter/dp/B0114AB0QW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448702270&sr=8-5&keywords=headset+adapter

Edit: I'm fairly sure this will work, I have no reason to believe it wouldn't I'm just looking for some secondary confirmation or someone who has tried it. Trying not to waste any money just in case lol.

Edit Edit: I guess I should clarify... would I have to get a headset adapter to go with this? or will it work by plugging directly into the Xbox One controller 3.5mm jack.

Which part should work, plugging it straight into the bottom of the controller, or using the headset adapter?

lol I get that they'll work for combining the signal... the bigger concern is will it work by plugging straight into the controller or do I need to use the headset adapter in addition to the input merger?

Edit: well I went ahead and ordered one anyway... i figured if it doesn't work it's only 6 bucks right?

Well, update for anyone who was curious and considering doing this: I purchased the 6 dollar adapter, and hooked it up to my controller, and everything works great. My particular headset (SteelSeries Siberia V2) has a volume knob and chat switch on the headphone cord itself, so that was nice, but if you're planning on using a headset like this with your controller, a couple things to note: if you don't have in-line controls on your headset, the 24.95 headset adapter is probably the way to go. But, if you're like me and have in-line controls, this is really a great, cheap solution to make a nice 2 connection PC headset work on your console. The only thing that takes a little bit, is take the time to get into a chat or game with a friend and have him critique your audio quality, and get your headset set up right the first time. Then, it's plug and play from then on. The Xbox One really does a great job of giving you a lot of controls for how your chat experience sounds. You can adjust the mix between game/chat, master volume, monitor volume, etc. Really nice.