anyone know how i can unlock my steam account

NanoTech56

my steam account is locked because i used my dads CC and i guess he got mad because i spent  $10 more then i said because the game went off sale the day he go paid. so he called someone idk his bank or valve i have no idea. but in the end my steam account got locked, so all i can do on it is play game. cant buy trade add funds or even publish my screen shots from games. i asked steam support how to get it unlock and they said i need to contact a fraud department and then said they cant answer anymore to do with it and closed the ticket. but idk who to call and my dad has no idea either. does anyone know? i asked steam support but they just closed the ticket. its been locked since may 11th of this year.

Wha.. How... What???

Is your email connected to steam security?

Nope. Parental controls are for limiting what their kid can do on steam, so they don't buy games with their parents credit card.

If i we're your dad i would understand...

Money dosen't grow on trees

Nope. Parental controls are for limiting what their kid can do on steam, so they don't buy games with their parents credit card.

Wha.. How... What???

Is your email connected to steam security?

If i we're your dad i would understand...

Money dosen't grow on trees

im not a kid im 18. its because i dont have a credit card yet so he lets me use his and pay him back. but this time he got mad because i didn't have the extra $10

im not a kid im 18. its because i dont have a credit card yet so he lets me use his and pay him back. but this time he got mad because i didn't have the extra $10

Have you tired talking to your dad? and sorting this out or are you just doing this behind his back?

Get a Credit Card.

Have you tired talking to your dad? and sorting this out or are you just doing this behind his back?

no the thing is we both dont know what to do. its been 6 months since the incident and he doesn't have any numbers to call to fix it. he said he will but we just dont know where to start. even steam support wouldnt tell me who to call.

no the thing is we both dont know what to do. its been 6 months since the incident and he doesn't have any numbers to call to fix it. he said he will but we just dont know where to start. even steam support wouldnt tell me who to call.

oh... try calling them again?

Contacting Steam Support is probably your best bet. I heard somewhere that that's one of the only places you can get your account unlocked.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Contacting Steam Support is probably your best bet. I heard somewhere that that's one of the only places you can get your account unlocked.

all they told me last time was to contact the fraud department. i used google to get the number and all i found was heds saying they want you to call your banks fraud department. but in the message from them they said their as in steams fraud department. they didn't give a number do idk what to do.

My best guess would be that your dad called his bank's fraud department and initiated a chargeback on your transaction which steam then locked your account because it was involved with fraud. I'd say there is little hope of getting it back if 6 months have passed already.

My best guess would be that your dad called his bank's fraud department and initiated a chargeback on your transaction which steam then locked your account because it was involved with fraud. I'd say there is little hope of getting it back if 6 months have passed already.

rip my skins then. i just wanted it back to sell all my cs go skins.

i made a ticked with steam and they said since no further action was taken, we have since unlock the account. i guess they just want my money xD