Building Gaming PC. $415 to $470.

hyper red

Hey so I was wondering what the mandatory parts I need for a gaming pc in the price range of 415 and 470 dollars, and also explain what each part does. 

My friend wrote this he doesn't know much about building a pc.

Edited by Godlygamer23

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

I edited your title to be more specific to what you're asking, and included your price range.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hey so I was wondering what the mandatory parts I need for a gaming pc in the price range of 415 and 470 dollars, and also explain what each part does. 

Mandatory:

CPU                            moves and processes ones and zeros.

Motherboard               everything else plugs into this part

RAM                           stores ones and zeros temporarily for the CPU

Hard Drive/SSD         stores the ones and zeros more permanently for later use

Power Supply             provides raw power which the computer then turns into ones and zeros

Optional:

Graphics card         (not really optional for gaming, but on a really tight budget like that, you may have to use an APU, which is AMD's cpu with an OK cheap gpu built in)

Case                       (only optional if you have an old computer that you can use the case from, or don't mind having everything out in the open, which is less than ideal)

Monitor                   optional since you might already have one.

new mouse and keyboard.

When in doubt, re-format.

CPU                            moves and processes ones and zeros.

It's not the only thing that processes ones and zeros. Anything digital inside of a PC processing data is processing ones and zeros. Controllers, GPUs, CPUs, DSPs, etc.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's not the only thing that processes ones and zeros. Anything digital inside of a PC processing data is processing ones and zeros. Controllers, GPUs, CPUs, DSPs, etc.

.......thanks for clearing that up...

When in doubt, re-format.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($142.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($68.00 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $430.05

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-28 00:30 EST-0500

or

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Asus B85M-G R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($142.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($68.00 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $442.05

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-28 00:31 EST-0500

Alright well a computer is made out of the follow components. 

/CPU

( It basically the brain of the CPU, it sometimes has integrated graphics ( which is being able to display it onto a TV or monitor only Intel and AMD APU's have this )  A APU is accelerated processor unit ( Where its works both as a CPU/GPU however less powerful GPU and requires high speed RAM. )

/GPU 

Graphic Processor Unit. This is the graphics part I guess you could say the Arm's and legs I guess. This allows you to see and what powers graphics. There is two brand of GPU's Nivida and AMD. They also allow other vendors to create different versions of the GPU, which usually looks prettier or more powerful hardware or fans. 

/RAM 

Random Access Memory. This is well memory to well do stuff, I guess you could say its also part of the brain it allows you to have a bunch of programs up at any given time. RAM is basically all the same just get a cheap one that is 8gb of RAM. 

/ HDD/SSD

Hard Disk Drive. This allows one to save data to a disk, this allows you to save things on your computer.These usually have way more storage compared to SDD's

Solid State Drives. This storage allows one to save storage to a flash storage which is faster. This usually allows faster booting of OS and other programs saved to it, more expensive compared to HDD's but not by much, depends on the size. The Balanced amount is usually 120 GB or 80 GB.

/Mobo

Motherboard. This is the body of the computer it connects everything together. 

/PSU

Power Supply Unit. This is what powers the entire computer, the wattage depends on your computer part choices however a safe bet is 500W, 550 or 600W.

/Case

This is the shell or skeleton of the PC it contains all of the PC parts.

Yea. For builds look at Comics builds up above 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT