link didnt work for me.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

Hey. I'm planning to do a silent build for a client. He wanted a completely silent pc with a i7 and a 390x. This good? Using stock fans for the case with Noctua low noise adapters btw...

Stock fans and quiet don't really go too well together, also ya, link is broken

What budget? I'm also going to assume australia, and what is he going to be doing with it?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Looks pretty decent to me. But yea, the link is broken, I was able to find it though.

When in doubt, re-format.

Stock fans and quiet don't really go too well together, also ya, link is broken

What budget? I'm also going to assume australia, and what is he going to be doing with it?

He wanted a 1440p gaming pc with potential for a little bit of hobbyist editing of photos and videos. He had a budget of about $2500. Sorry the link didn't work. Dunno what happened. Also the stock fans are some of BeQuiet's silent fans. They are super good. Not your standard stock fans. 

He wanted a 1440p gaming pc with potential for a little bit of hobbyist editing of photos and videos. He had a budget of about $2500. Sorry the link didn't work. Dunno what happened. Also the stock fans are some of BeQuiet's silent fans. They are super good. Not your standard stock fans. 

Then this would be my suggestion, the 390X there comes watercooled, so it'll be pretty quiet, and I went overkill on the PSU as not to stress it so it's fan shouldn't even kick on most of the time

You'll probably want the CPU 240mm rad mounted to the front, and the GPU's 120mm rad mounted to the rear, I doubt heat will be much of an issue for it given that it also has an air cooler on the card

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/rdC4cf

Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/rdC4cf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.00 @ Centre Com)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.00 @ Umart)

Motherboard: Asus H81M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($59.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390X 8GB DEVIL Video Card  ($689.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Case: Cooler Master Silencio 352 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($79.00 @ IJK)

Power Supply: Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($249.00 @ CPL Online)

Monitor: Acer XG270HU 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($679.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Total: $2401.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-28 17:08 AEDT+1100

Case

CPU cooler

GPU

Changed a few things.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?