GTX 670 Problem

aZmuh

Today I received a GTX 670 in trade and when I installed it into my computer to SLI with my current card and booted up GeForce experience it shows it as a 690. I have SLI'd with this board before and not had this problem, they are both GTX 670 2GB versions, one is a Galaxy and one is an EVGA FTW, Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I may be wrong, dont quote me but i dont think two different brand cards (maybe same chipset??) can be sli'd?

You can SLI different brands as long as they have the same amount of VRAM and GPU. You may run into compatibility problems if the BIOSes don't play well each other though.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

oh ok, by gpu you mean chipset? 

Yes, but I refer to it as a GPU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Today I received a GTX 670 in trade and when I installed it into my computer to SLI with my current card and booted up GeForce experience it shows it as a 690. I have SLI'd with this board before and not had this problem, they are both GTX 670 2GB versions, one is a Galaxy and one is an EVGA FTW, Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Might just be a GeForce Experience glitch

Are the cards running fine in terms of performance?

Might just be a GeForce Experience glitch

Are the cards running fine in terms of performance?

Very well could be a GE glitch.

@aZmuh. What does NVIDIA Control Panel say?

Control panel also says 690, The guy i bought it from said this is a common glitch with 670s, I have never heard of it though. Apparently his brother fixed the problem after switching motherboards

Control panel also says 690, The guy i bought it from said this is a common glitch with 670s, I have never heard of it though. Apparently his brother fixed the problem after switching motherboards

What motherboard are you currently using at the moment?

Currently I am using a 990fx Sabertooth with an 8350, I tried to do the valley benchmark and it crashed as soon as it started

Currently I am using a 990fx Sabertooth with an 8350, I tried to do the valley benchmark and it crashed as soon as it started

I don't know if this will work, but try reinstalling your drivers.

It may very well be a glitch with these cards and this motherboard. You can try updating your BIOS to the latest version if it's not already.

http://imgur.com/z6G1nOF here is a screenshot from valley benchmark, i opened afterburner and everything was pinned all the way to the right for some reason, if anyone has any ideas that would help a lot

I have run DDU and reinstalled the latest GeForce Drivers