TV Questions

ascalice
1. Would this be a good TV? It has a 4K resolution, 40 inches, 120Hz, and is curved. It will house a computer, a PS4, a blue-ray player, and the Cable Box.

2. Should I drop the cable box and just get Sling TV and an antenna?

3. Should I get the Amazon Fire Stick and install Kodi on it? Anyone have experience with it?

Do you have any 4k content you can watch, because it would be a waste of money if the answer is no, as for the other things I don't have an answer as the antenna question depends on airwave strength in your area and the amazon question is nothing I know about

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

be aware when they say it's 120hz...it can't be since 4K can only run at 60hz...and 1080p 120hz i highy doubt too...those tv's use interpolation to ''fake'' higher refresh rate...this is a 60hz display i'm pretty sure.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Do you have any 4k content you can watch, because it would be a waste of money if the answer is no, as for the other things I don't have an answer as the antenna question depends on airwave strength in your area and the amazon question is nothing I know about

I don't have any 4K content, but wouldn't the picture quality be better? Also I am hooking up my gaming PC to my new TV, so I could run that at 4K. Would a GTX 970 be able to power 4K on a 40 inch screen?

I am not worried about airwaves because I live an hour north of NYC.

be aware when they say it's 120hz...it can't be since 4K can only run at 60hz...and 1080p 120hz i highy doubt too...those tv's use interpolation to ''fake'' higher refresh rate...this is a 60hz display i'm pretty sure.

Thanks for that info. I have seen a few 4K TVs where they said 120Hz.

Thanks for that info. I have seen a few 4K TVs where they said 120Hz.

you can even see some claiming 240hz...all of which are of course bullshit. marketing BS.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I don't have any 4K content, but wouldn't the picture quality be better? Also I am hooking up my gaming PC to my new TV, so I could run that at 4K. Would a GTX 970 be able to power 4K on a 40 inch screen?

I am not worried about airwaves because I live an hour north of NYC.

If the content isn't 4k it will not look any better on a 4k display unless some sort of filtering was done on it to make images "smoother" so I don't see the point of 4k currently, but that is just an opinion of mine, keep that in mind.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

So I should just save the money and get a 1080p TV? Which brand (Smasung, LG, etc) would you recommend? 

how far are you sitting from the monitor? for 1080p at 40" being to low, you have to sit closer than ~160cm.