After Market Fan Upgrade Proposal?

AllHokage

Hello, Thought I'd Just run through my plans before buying the new fans today :D

So Basically I'm upgrading my H440 Case Fans/H105 as they are a little noisy always running at 100% speed. So I'm getting all 4 Pin PWM fans and going to connect them to my moba for a fan curve setup. Here is the Idea (Front 3 fans Airflow, Back 1 airflow, 2 rad fans static)...

Front: Noctua NF-S12A 120mm PWM 1200RPM Fan (x3) (Sucking air into case)

Back: Be Quiet! Silent Wing 2 120mm PWM (x1) (sucking air out of case)

CPU: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 2000PRM Fan (x2) (sucking air out of case through the rad0

Also I'll be getting splitters for these (front fans on 1 splitter), (CPU COOLER FANS on another).

So really I'm just just wondering will this work with the splitters and all (controlling via moba).

EDIT: Look's Like I don't have 3 4pin connectors on my moba.... So would I need a 4Pin PWM fan hub (replace 3pin stock hub). Such as the Phobya 4pin PWM to 6x 4pin fan splitter PCB.

Might add this later...

You can power 3 fans from one mobo header. And I would leave rear exhaust off. If you feel like CPU temps are too hot, use it as intake rather than exhaust. Rad fans will be enough for exhausting and you want slightly more towards positive pressure to keep dust out of case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can power 3 fans from one mobo header. And I would leave rear exhaust off. If you feel like CPU temps are too hot, use it as intake rather than exhaust. Rad fans will be enough for exhausting and you want slightly more towards positive pressure to keep dust out of case.

Yes, my CPU temps have also been very hot lately. But wouldn't swapping the back fan around cause the case air to fight against each other, resulting in even worse temperatures? (3 pushing to back of case, 1 pushing to front).

Thanks

Might add this later...

If you haven't bought any of the fans yet, I'd suggest going with all SW2's and 2x 140mm's in the front instead of 3x 120mm'.s. Performance would be a bit worse for the rad but it would be quieter. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, my CPU temps have also been very hot lately. But wouldn't swapping the back fan around cause the case air to fight against each other, resulting in even worse temperatures? (3 pushing to back of case, 1 pushing to front).

Thanks

Not when you are using airflow fans. And not really even if you would use pressure optimized. Both front and rear would at the end bring more cool air for rad.

Fans fight against each other when they are right next to each other. And then they would need to be in right orientation. Like two fans sucking air to different directions. In your case rear fan would be supplying fresh air directly to rad. Front fans would be cooling both GPU and eventually rad (front top mostly directly).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not when you are using airflow fans. And not really even if you would use pressure optimized. Both front and rear would at the end bring more cool air for rad.

Fans fight against each other when they are right next to each other. And then they would need to be in right orientation. Like two fans sucking air to different directions. In your case rear fan would be supplying fresh air directly to rad. Front fans would be cooling both GPU and eventually rad (front top mostly directly).

I got you, very nice Idea, Will be doing this instead. Leaning towards 2 Noctua's for rad and the rest Be Quiets now with your setup Idea.

Do you think the Be Quiets will outperform the stock NZXT fans in performance as well?

Thanks for your time again.

Might add this later...

If you haven't bought any of the fans yet, I'd suggest going with all SW2's and 2x 140mm's in the front instead of 3x 120mm'.s. Performance would be a bit worse for the rad but it would be quieter. 

I'll probably get 4 SW2 and the two noctua's for the radiator.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Might add this later...

I'll probably get 4 SW2 and the two noctua's for the radiator.

Thanks for the suggestion!

If you're going for NF-F12's which are louder, you might as well go with better performing NF-A14's instead of SW2's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're going for NF-F12's which are louder, you might as well go with better performing NF-A14's instead of SW2's. 

Do you know a good silent static fan then for the rads to go with the S2's? 

Might add this later...

Do you know a good silent static fan then for the rads to go with the S2's? 

I suggested going with all SW2's earlier. They don't perform as well as NF-F12's but are quieter.

If you want to go with Noctuas, pwm NF-A14's and NF-P12's would be good.

I suggested going with all SW2's earlier. They don't perform as well as NF-F12's but are quieter.

If you want to go with Noctuas, pwm NF-A14's and NF-P12's would be good.

If I did this do you know the performance drop (ALL SW2)? As currently with stock static fans on the rad here in Australia, my CPU gets really hot (70-85 in game).

Thanks again for your time and effort! 

Might add this later...

If I did this do you know the performance drop (ALL SW2)? As currently with stock static fans on the rad here in Australia, my CPU gets really hot (70-85 in game).

Thanks again for your time and effort! 

The difference would probably be a degree or two at the same noise level.