Apple may remove headphone jack on next iPhone (Oh hi there Android!)

TechGod

I don't think they'll do it, I doubt they'll want to risk their 91% of mobile industry profits.

OPPO already has a smartphone that doesn't have a headphone jack because of it being stupid thin, they do deliver a usb to 3.5mm jack with it though. It wouldn't surprise me if Apple cop.... ehum... innovate their smartphones to be like that as well.

We're seriously losing durability and features just to make smartphone thinner and more 'premium' feeling these days, gone are the days companies made something that is truly durable.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

seriously the level of stupidity ITT.....this is old news it was a rumor on the 6/6+ last year and never materialised like so many rumors before it

Fine, every other year? Look if you're too broke to afford headphones but not too broke to afford an iphone, I can tell you that whoever you are, I hate your stupid face. (Not you personally of course, just in general)

but thats bullshit....i upgrade every other year. ill sell my old phone and use that to pay for the new one given that in the uk, we pay 50 a month and that includes the price of the phone

it costs me nothing up front

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Android master race 

but honestly this is a smart move from apple.

you will get MARGINALLY! better sound quality 

and be able to DRAIN your phone's battery to power them beefy headphones.

just dont...

i remember when Sony Ericsson was still using their charger port for ALL the output.. which sadly ended with the connectors solder joints to the PCB breaking after a while... simply because it had to endure WAY more usage then normal...

I hope this turns into another apple maps.

Also, they would give me a legitimate reason to just dismiss all iphones before even considering their price to performance value.

But this is how Apple works. They force some sort of innovation even if it seems stupid (or is stupid) and because they have a gigantic following, other companies are sort of forced to tag along with whatever Apple does. And Apple fans will completely accept this.

except the lightning connector is proprietary. Other companies can't use it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

just dont...

i remember when Sony Ericsson was still using their charger port for ALL the output.. which sadly ended with the connectors solder joints to the PCB breaking after a while... simply because it had to endure WAY more usage then normal...

*sigh* a large flaw on my K750i.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's fucking retarded. Hopefully it'll make people want to switch from iOS to Android.

The majority of iPhone users are not on the latest iPhone 6S/6S+. Try again. 

Most people do not upgrade their iPhone every year. 

However, capitalist society forces teenagers to do this. At least in my school, you're looked down upon if you don't have at least an iPhone 5C or newer.

*sigh* a large flaw on my K750i.

dunno what my model was called. but it was the flip phone with inbuilt FM transmitter..

fucking awesome phone, i could hook it up with ANY radio (setting my own custom frequency and all) within like 25-30m.... i loved it as it had touch controls on the front screen, allowing me to control ONLY the music player from the front...

such QQ when it turned out to be more expensive to fix it at a repair shop then buying a new phone

dunno what my model was called. but it was the flip phone with inbuilt FM transmitter..

fucking awesome phone, i could hook it up with ANY radio (setting my own custom frequency and all) within like 25-30m.... i loved it as it had touch controls on the front screen, allowing me to control ONLY the music player from the front...

such QQ when it turned out to be more expensive to fix it at a repair shop then buying a new phone

Mine was able to act as a bluetooth mouse/media remote/slideshow remote. And its built like a camera (button layout on the sides), with the camera having a sliding metal panel to protect it.

PMSL

Mine was able to act as a bluetooth mouse/media remote/slideshow remote. And its built like a camera (button layout on the sides), with the camera having a sliding metal panel to protect it.

oh i remember that...

fun fact, the old Sony phones you could hack other phones with BT, because it had this sub menu that allowed you to "browse folder" of other phones.... i found out on a school trip.

i was the only one with that model

there was no BT active for the rest of the 2 hour bus ride home :|

Apple, where style is everything and practicality is nothing. 

If their accessories weren't overpriced af, adapters weren't overpriced af, then I wouldn't see this as a problem; only, they are. So it is. 

for how many generations is this rumor going already? 2? 3? I wont say anything until apple releases a product.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

oh i remember that...

fun fact, the old Sony phones you could hack other phones with BT, because it had this sub menu that allowed you to "browse folder" of other phones.... i found out on a school trip.

i was the only one with that model

there was no BT active for the rest of the 2 hour bus ride home :|

It worked on laptops too.

PMSL

for how many generations is this rumor going already? 2? 3? I wont say anything until apple releases a product.

im always amazed at how quickly people get their panties in a bunch over this.. every year, 6 months (ish) after the new iPhone, this rumour surfaces (or the crooked looking 3.5mm jack), everyone gets mad, nothing happens. rinse repeat. Apple arent stupid

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

im always amazed at how quickly people get their panties in a bunch over this.. every year, 6 months (ish) after the new iPhone, this rumour surfaces (or the crooked looking 3.5mm jack), everyone gets mad, nothing happens. rinse repeat. Apple arent stupid

I like Apple, but, I think they're stupid enough to do something like this (not saying they will, but I wouldn't put it past them)

I dont think idea is bad, not to mention that you should just get bluetooth headphones so it wont draw phone power?

But I think everyone knows how mactastic prices this is going to end up being, probably cant even use anything except appel cerified products with that connector.

I remember the days when Apple was on top of portable audio...

Lightmatter_ipod_1G.jpg

Apple won't stop until iPhone will be so thin it will be slicing peoples fingers off.

It would be then called the Razr and Apple will then sue Motorola and Razer...

If apple does this its stupid and the only reason they probably feel the need to do it is because they need make a thinner device

But if they do this, it'll push the wireless earbuds dramatically forward and we can have all wireless audio devices in 5 years rather than 10-15 years. Someone has to push the boundaries and no one actually have a chance other than apple here

Windows Phone Master Race! Hey, they have micro SD card, wireless charging and removable battery on their flag ship phone, combined!

I'll take the door.

Their phones sound like paradise until you use one

And honestly speaking all this I thought their low end phones were great but they aren't. Moto G and OnePlus X is a way nicer option

I like Apple, but, I think they're stupid enough to do something like this (not saying they will, but I wouldn't put it past them)

no they arent. You people give them way too little credit. they know their userbases. they know that removing the fucking headphone jack from a phone is stupid. they also knew many people want an ultrabook but never plug shit into it. and they made one for them

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

seriously the level of stupidity ITT.....this is old news it was a rumor on the 6/6+ last year and never materialised like so many rumors before it

but thats bullshit....i upgrade every other year. ill sell my old phone and use that to pay for the new one given that in the uk, we pay 50 a month and that includes the price of the phone

it costs me nothing up front

I'll clarify: I am not against people investing some extra effort in their budget to buy tech, fuck I do that myself constantly. I just don't like people doing it unwisely. Now if someone that's tech saavy upgrades to a new iphone because they genuinely like some of the new features or upgraded stats (even though they can be very small increments at times) fine.

What I am talking about is average folk who 1) Don't know shit about tech and 2) Aren't actually rich or even upper middle class to be able to comfortably afford an iphone very often. I've seen a lot of this people everywhere, including like 1 out of each 5 of my co-workers: they just buy new iphones because they like it when people to notice they can afford to, except I get the same pay-check and I know that while they can, is not easy and makes the whole thing stupid.

TL;DR version: I hate people buying iphones just because they seek social status.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I feel like apple is slowly becoming that one kid in class who just eats glue all day.

Except most people don't really make fun of him because they notice he's super filthy fucking rich, has his own limmo pick him up and people put up with him and his special needs anyway cause he's loaded.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So what if I want to use headphones while also charging the phone? I guess you're not supposed to use any Apple device while charging . That's also what happened to the magic mouse...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.