BIOS problem

Tmt97
Go to solution Solved by Tmt97,

Okay guys, so none of this helped. I went and asked another tech website and they told me to reset cmos. Works fine now. Problem solved.

So i got the computer parts i ordered today and i was all ready to test stuff but i ran into a problem. When i turn everything on, BIOs just pops on the screen for a fraction of a second(faster than i can even click) and then it just turns to a black screen. What do i do? Very confused, please help.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Reseat your GPU

Now bios didnt even show. Tv detected a signal but just got a black screen.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Try reseating it again. Is your MOBO bios up to date? Maybe you've got a dud mobo? Never really encountered this issue before! 

Now bios didnt even show. Tv detected a signal but just got a black screen.

That sounds like a motherboard error ... 

I can suggest a few things to try:

- Re-plug cables, restart TV

- Try different cable(s)

- Reseat GPU and RAM and if that doesn't work, take out the CPU and put it in again

- [Last resort] Rebuild

- Try different motherboard if you have one at handy

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Try reseating it again. Is your MOBO bios up to date? Maybe you've got a dud mobo? Never really encountered this issue before!

Well its brand new so i doubt its a dud. I have no clue if or how to tell if my bios is up to date. This is kinds the first time ive done this.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Reseat ram or cpu again. Sometimes you get a dud board on arrival, its happened with my gtx 960 before :( 

Well its brand new so i doubt its a dud. I have no clue if or how to tell if my bios is up to date. This is kinds the first time ive done this.

What company motherboard is this? I can redirect you to download a software update for it, my guess is you use USB to update it if that's the case.

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Do as they say, re-seat the gpu. I'd also recommend using integrated graphics if your cpu supports it to help diagnose if it's the card or the motherboard.

New products can be DOA.

If your cpu will not support the generic vga motherboard graphics port, use a spare graphics card to check and see if it's the motherboard or gpu.

Thanks!

Chris R.

Reseat ram or cpu again. Sometimes you get a dud board on arrival, its happened with my gtx 960 before :(

Ok i reseated everything. I put in a spare graphics card too and still no change.

What company motherboard is this? I can redirect you to download a software update for it, my guess is you use USB to update it if that's the case.

Its gigabyte, i dont really know how to update the software for my motherboard though so i might need help with that.

Do as they say, re-seat the gpu. I'd also recommend using integrated graphics if your cpu supports it to help diagnose if it's the card or the motherboard.

New products can be DOA.

If your cpu will not support the generic vga motherboard graphics port, use a spare graphics card to check and see if it's the motherboard or gpu.

I dont think it has integrated graphics but even if it does the board doesnt have its own ports for that.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

So i put the original gpu back in the first pci16 slot i had it in and the bios stays on the screen a bit longer but still eventually turns black. I just want to boot linux lol. Somebody help

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

are you sure all parts are compatible?

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

are you sure all parts are compatible?

Ram is fine, cpu is fine. I dunno about the graphics cards but clearly they are doing something otherwise i wouldnt see the BIOS at all would i? Is it just me not knowing how to use BIOS? Is it supposed to dissapear?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

The BIOS is eventually supposed to disappear, and i wonder if it is seat to disappear after a second or two. try booting while clicking delete and f8 and f12 (each seperatly)

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

The BIOS is eventually supposed to disappear, and i wonder if it is seat to disappear after a second or two. try booting while clicking delete and f8 and f12 (each seperatly)

Start holding them before i turn it on, or when i see bios?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

click it very quick as soon as you see BIOS, or you could start repeatedly clicking as soon as you turn it on.

click it very quick as soon as you see BIOS, or you could start repeatedly clicking as soon as you turn it on.

It just seems to make it switch to the blank screen faster...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

hmmm.... do you have a different GPU you can swap out? like an old cheap one...?

hmmm.... do you have a different GPU you can swap out? like an old cheap one...?

All i currently have is two old cheap ones. The one i plan to use in my rig wont be here till wednesday. Ive tried both of the ones i had, each one in both of the available slots...

If it helps, when it switches to a blank screen theres a little white line in the top left as if its waiting for me to type something.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

A disc came with the motherboard, do i need to do something with it to make fhe board work? Im seriously clueless about this...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Okay guys, so none of this helped. I went and asked another tech website and they told me to reset cmos. Works fine now. Problem solved.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!