whats a good afordable cpu cooler?

Bananasplit_00

ok i want a good sugestion on what cooler to get for my 4690K. i am going to overclock it to its limit when i get a better PSU then my 500W one i have right now and i want my processor not to go poof and go all "blue smoke of death" on me as it might with the stock intel CPU cooler that was in the box. i really want to water cool it but thats just way to much money for me, and having a case that basicaly some 2000's metal box currently with no side panel nor fornt panel (xD) i dont think i could really mount something like an AIO if i could even afford one :/ and then thermal paste, does it matter that much or is something cheaper also ok? any replies and any help would be nice :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hyper 212

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or Cryorig H7

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

There's the Coolermaster 212 Evo and the Shadow Rock (I think, when it's on sale) that are especially good for the money.

i like my dark rock advanced C1, but the price goes up and down between $50 and $150..

pick it up if you can find it at the low end of that range.

you'll only cut yourself a few times while installing, the mounting hardware is a headache.

but it looks nice and performs really well, and is dead silent, even at 100% fan speed.

ok i want a good sugestion on what cooler to get for my 4690K. i am going to overclock it to its limit when i get a better PSU then my 500W one i have right now and i want my processor not to go poof and go all "blue smoke of death" on me as it might with the stock intel CPU cooler that was in the box. i really want to water cool it but thats just way to much money for me, and having a case that basicaly some 2000's metal box currently with no side panel nor fornt panel (xD) i dont think i could really mount something like an AIO if i could even afford one :/ and then thermal paste, does it matter that much or is something cheaper also ok? any replies and any help would be nice :)

Cryorig coolers

Coolermaster 212 Evo

Phanteks coolers

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

be quiet shadow rock's are pretty decent and not much more than a 212 evo and the same can be said for the cryorig H5.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Pure Rock? Basically a nicer looking hyper 212 evo for $5-10 more. And quieter.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

BeQuiet! Pure Rock for sure

Or Cryorig has some good choices

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)