Motherboard beep after installing new graphics card

Go to solution Solved by iHardware Shelden,

It looks like it was an identification beep to let you know a hardware change was made, you should be fine and just make sure to double check power connections to eliminate that as a possibility :) @MagicalShrimp2

So as the title says when I first installed my new graphics card (went from a 270 to a 390) it gave me a beep after the original post beep. It took a few seconds between the two beeps and now no longer occurs when I restart the computer. Whether it's an actual restart or a normal shut down it no longer does this but only did it at the beginning. Today hasn't been the most exciting day as I ran it to multiple problems (which are all solved now). I was just wondering if this had anything to do with the new card or if it was just a normal procedure. Windows did run some updates as well so it could be that. I am just curious but so far nothing has broken or given me symptoms of a problem. I'd still appreciate any clarification you guys could give me. Thank you!

What motherboard is it?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

It looks like it was an identification beep to let you know a hardware change was made, you should be fine and just make sure to double check power connections to eliminate that as a possibility :) @MagicalShrimp2

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Seems that everything is fine then. My motherboard is an H87M-D Plus if you still need it. Also I've already run a stress test and a couple of high end games to test out the card and so far I have had no errors or crashes. Thanks!