Greenscreen / software

TECamp

I got the fdr-ax33 Sony 4k camcorder what green-screen and software should I get to add a fireplace in the background of my video? I also plan on getting Adobe premier with my student discount.

I got the fdr-ax33 Sony 4k camcorder what green-screen and software should I get to add a fireplace in the background of my video? I also plan on getting Adobe premier with my student discount.

Most NLE systems these days have post production chroma keying built in.  If you are going to get Premiere, also get After Effects.  They compliment each other.

As for green screen, ideally you should look for anything that is labeled "Chroma Green" or close to the color.  When you use green screen techniques, make sure that your main subjects do not have any shade of green close to the background green.  If there are, then you should look for another color background, such as chroma blue.

Additionally, alpha channel transparency can also be used.  However this requires the use of a very black background.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

in adobe premiere it is called color key. you select The color of you green screen with the drip tool. play around with the tolerance, edge thin, and edge feather and you can get a good result.

this is found in the effects tab -> keying -> color key.

But in after effects you can get more control of what you remove in the frame. but this is a good way to start and play around whit a green screen. 

PC: AMD fx8350     gtx 760 4gb    16gb ram (1600mHz) 530 watt psu

camera: nikon d7200 + nikon D3200,   18-55 kit lens,   Tamron 180mm macro,  af-s nikkor 55-300mm 5.5-5.6 G ED            http://claesphotos.blogspot.com

I also plan on getting Adobe premier with my student discount.

Im a student, and pay £150 a year for complete creative cloud. It actually ok-ish value, and includes Adobe After Effects which is great for greenscreen stuff. 

Also buy now as black friday/cyber monday deals.

Can someone link me a good chroma green screen they would suggest?

Can someone link me a good chroma green screen they would suggest?

How much are you willing to pay, and where do you plan to put the screen?

Also, for chroma keying you need to have several lights.  The chroma background should be about 1-2 stops brighter than the foreground.

B&H lists some chroma backgrounds for a variety of price ranges.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Chroma-Key-Backgrounds/ci/6446/N/4037060744

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

How much are you willing to pay, and where do you plan to put the screen?

Also, for chroma keying you need to have several lights.  The chroma background should be about 1-2 stops brighter than the foreground.

B&H lists some chroma backgrounds for a variety of price ranges.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Chroma-Key-Backgrounds/ci/6446/N/4037060744

I am going to just need it to advertise products with a fire place behind me in a chair in my videos. Like not that big of a space no bigger then like a dresser lol

I am going to just need it to advertise products with a fire place behind me in a chair in my videos. Like not that big of a space no bigger then like a dresser lol

Would something like this size suffice?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/626904-REG/Smith_Victor_402099_Chroma_Key_Pak_Background.html

Sorted price low to high

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|0&ci=6446&setNs=p_PRICE_2|0&N=4037060744&srtclk=sort