Buying Ubisoft games from Steam or Uplay. Which do you prefer?

Zyre

I'll keep it super short. 

For some time I've had the notion that I will only play Ubisoft games on Steam because the game appears in my Steam Library.

A couple of minutes ago I noticed GamerGate has AC: Black Flags for €5,- but it's Uplay.

This might sound weird, but I don't know if getting the Uplay version is worth it. It's cheaper yes, but people complain a lot about Uplay that I'm unsure.

Last time I bought an Ubisoft game was ages ago... But really, I wouldn't care which one I got it from, since with Ubisoft games you have to start up uPlay anyways

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Steam because I refuse to let them see a sale though uplay.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

SNIP

When you launch the game through steam, it just opens UPlay anyway...so may aswell get the UPlay version if its cheaper

I love and prefer steam, but I have never had a single issue with UPlay, it works just fine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Alright guys. I will go ahead and save the money by getting the Uplay version :)

This might sound weird, but I don't know if getting the Uplay version is worth it. It's cheaper yes, but people complain a lot about Uplay that I'm unsure.

It's going to play through Uplay no matter where you buy it. If you try to launch it through Steam, it will open Uplay, log you in, and start the game. So it really doesn't matter, get the better price.

I would just buy what ever key of the game is cheaper weather that be steam or uplay but either way you still need to play it through uplay if you get it on steam.

I'll keep it super short. 

For some time I've had the notion that I will only play Ubisoft games on Steam because the game appears in my Steam Library.

A couple of minutes ago I noticed GamerGate has AC: Black Flags for €5,- but it's Uplay.

I would get them from Uplay, because that would mean only 1 form of DRM, and I hate double DRM.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.