What is Pascal and should I invest?

ToniBamboni

I'm hearing people talk about this. Right now I'm few clicks aways from buying a 390x tri x, but should I wait for Pascal and save more money?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

Just buy the graphics card Pascal isn't going to be out for awhile and even longer for mid-high end cards. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Unless you absolutely need another GPU, I would probably wait. I mean unless you're already struggling, whats the rush? Could even get the same card for less or get the newest card if you save enough idk. I currently have a GTX 960 and just holding out for Pascal because I can max almost every game at 1080p with 60 fps. For me that's great for now and not worth getting another upgrade for about a year or a half. By that time Pascal will be out and I can pick those puppies up. Its really dependent.

Well...Pascal is a programming language, the fundamental unit for pressure, a famous physicist, and a lot of other things.

Among them , the next-gen Nvidia architecture :D

I'd say wait a while, unless your GPU really really struggles. There's no harm in it, only advantages. If Pascal doesn't turn out to be that good, then , at the same time, the prices on other GPUs would have dropped by then.

My 560 still does pretty fine. I plan on upgrading next year.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If you waited for the next best card all the time (even when it's half a year away from release) you'd never buy any card.

Get the 390X and have fun gaming. :)

Also, this is my own bias so feel free to ignore but I would just recommend not getting any Nvidia card at all at the moment. I'm kind of sick of the shitty, proprietary, industry harming bullshit they insist on doing (GameWorks?)... AMD does some genuinely cool stuff that they are far more open about and happy to make available (Mantle was brilliant - very sad it didn't catch on). That deserves our support, IMO,  even if their cards' brute performance is not as high.