Program stops responding today. Worked fine yesterday.

Claryn

Hi.

I am working on a large school-project in Computer science.

Last night I finished some bugfixing, compiled the program and it runs smoothly. I saved and shut down the computer.

Fast forward to the other day. I turn on my computer, I open my IDE, NetBeans (Using Java). I compile the program - looks good. I press the button that essentially starts the program (It is a card game, so this is the button that shuffles the cards and deals them). Program instantly stops responding, and is taking 100% of my CPU-power. 

There is no compile-error. Java gives me no error. It just sits there, using 100% of my CPU and does not respond. 

I tried to move the whole project over to Eclipse today, and I still get the same result. 

Older backups are doing the same. 

As I said, this worked perfectly 6 hours ago. I saved the program and saw that is compiled and run smoothly before I shut the computer down.

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

Hi.

I am working on a large school-project in Computer science.

Last night I finished some bugfixing, compiled the program and it runs smoothly. I saved and shut down the computer.

Fast forward to the other day. I turn on my computer, I open my IDE, NetBeans (Using Java). I compile the program - looks good. I press the button that essentially starts the program (It is a card game, so this is the button that shuffles the cards and deals them). Program instantly stops responding, and is taking 100% of my CPU-power. 

There is no compile-error. Java gives me no error. It just sits there, using 100% of my CPU and does not respond. 

I tried to move the whole project over to Eclipse today, and I still get the same result. 

Older backups are doing the same. 

As I said, this worked perfectly 6 hours ago. I saved the program and saw that is compiled and run smoothly before I shut the computer down.

Tried to reboot the pc yet?

When In doubt, reboot.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Just received this error-message after the program trying to execute the task for 10 minutes:
http://pastebin.com/e06ABJgp

(Not the whole one, since pastebin doesn't allow pastes of over 512KB)

Data Science Postgrad

Tried to reboot the pc yet?

When In doubt, reboot.

Several times.

Data Science Postgrad

Error found:

Amongst all the others things that are done when I press the button that starts the actual program, there is an if-statement that works like a loop. I don't know how, but somehow there is a '!' in front of my condition-check, making it into an infinite loop!

Data Science Postgrad