VERY SCARED

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by jagdtigger,

Calm down, its just a private IP adress like 192.168.1.200... You need your routers IP or if you connect to the inetrnet directly it just means your ISP put you behind a NAT.

NAT:

Network address translation (NAT) is a methodology of remapping one IP address space into another by modifying network address information in Internet Protocol (IP) datagram packet headers while they are in transit across a traffic routing device.[1] The technique was originally used for ease of rerouting traffic in IP networks without renumbering every host. It has become a popular and essential tool in conserving global address space allocations in face of IPv4 address exhaustion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

OK

i am generally creeped the fuck out right now

i tracerouted my ip and this "private ip"(172.31.255.249) that the ip geolocation services that i found wouldnt tell me jack shit

is this some sort of NSA thing? NSA's ip?d0818281d626117e87dd314eeccf367e.png

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Someone is behind you, right now... 

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Someone is behind you, right now... 

FUCK YOU MAN

IM CREEPED OUT

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

You're on a NAT444 or CGN network segment most likely.

What is that?

my ip is not simular to that at all

my LAN is a type c subnet (192.168.*.*)

Calm down, its just a private IP adress like 192.168.1.200... You need your routers IP or if you connect to the inetrnet directly it just means your ISP put you behind a NAT.

NAT:

Network address translation (NAT) is a methodology of remapping one IP address space into another by modifying network address information in Internet Protocol (IP) datagram packet headers while they are in transit across a traffic routing device.[1] The technique was originally used for ease of rerouting traffic in IP networks without renumbering every host. It has become a popular and essential tool in conserving global address space allocations in face of IPv4 address exhaustion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Edited by jagdtigger

You are probabbly gonna get DDos'ed

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

?

my router is (again) a type c subnet 192.168.*.*

You are probabbly gonna get DDos'ed

haha

thats funny

let me restate this

"THIS ISNT MY IP"

Where are you seeing this IP? You won't be able to whois it etc since it is a reserved private ip range. Most ISP's wont even route in IP in that range/let it on their network. Ether its on your local network or the IP is spoofed.

Wait. Is that an internal IP?

My school uses an internal ip before it hands off the packet to the deep internet and my school's internal ip has always started with 172.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Where are you seeing this IP? You won't be able to whois it etc since it is a reserved private ip range. Most ISP's wont even route in IP in that range/let it on their network. Ether its on your local network or the IP is spoofed.

i wonder who could have spoofed and tried to connect to my network...

QUICK CLOSE THE PORTS

(none were open..)

Wait. Is that an internal IP?

My school uses an internal ip before it hands off the packet to the deep internet and my school's internal ip has always started with 172.

i dont know

my school starts w/ 10

TURN OFF THE ROUTER, GET OUT! THE PINGS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE SAME HOUSE!!!

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

TURN OFF THE ROUTER, GET OUT! THE PINGS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE SAME HOUSE!!!

???

Yuck, if he's on a NAT444 then I'd be switching ISP

Yuck, if he's on a NAT444 then I'd be switching ISP

i dont think i am

??!????!?!?!?

wireshark?!?!?

?

my router is (again) a type c subnet 192.168.*.*

haha

thats funny

let me restate this

"THIS ISNT MY IP"

I explained this above. You are most likely on a NAT444 or CGN network segment within your carrier. It's not a problem.

I explained this above. You are most likely on a NAT444 or CGN network segment within your carrier. It's not a problem.

time warner cable does this?

???

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

What is that?

my ip is not simular to that at all

my LAN is a type c subnet (192.168.*.*)

time warner cable does this?

NAT444 or CGN is where your ISP does an additional NAT translation on your traffic as it passes through their network. This is done to conserve IP addresses, just like how you run NAT at your home to conserve public IP addresses.

Normal everyday NAT is what is called NAT44 which translates an IPv4 address into another IPv4 address. NAT444 or CGN translates one IPv4 address, to another IPv4 address, to another IPv4 address. Typically most ISP's use the 10.0.0.0 range as opposed to the 172.16.0.0 range, however anything is possible really.

As the world really did finally run out of public IPv4 addresses recently every carrier has almost been forced to implement it it some way. Either the world goes IPv6 entirely or we are stuck with NAT444.

NAT444 or CGN is where your ISP does an additional NAT translation on your traffic as it passes through their network. This is done to conserve IP addresses, just like how you run NAT at your home to conserve public IP addresses.

Normal everyday NAT is what is called NAT44 which translates an IPv4 address into another IPv4 address. NAT444 or CGN translates one IPv4 address, to another IPv4 address, to another IPv4 address. Typically most ISP's use the 10.0.0.0 range as opposed to the 172.16.0.0 range, however anything is possible really.

As the world really did finally run out of public IPv4 addresses recently every carrier has almost been forced to implement it it some way. Either the world goes IPv6 entirely or we are stuck with NAT444.

IPv6 is better i assume?