AMD’s Fastest Radeon , Fury X2, Launching In December – Two Fiji XT GPUs And A Terabyte Of Memory Bandwidth

Mr_Troll

AMD’s Fastest Radeon Yet, Fury X2, Launching In December – Two Full Fledged Fiji XT GPUs And A Terabyte Of Memory Bandwidth

Radeon-R9-Fury-X2.jpg

AMD is in the process of introducing its fastest graphics card yet, a flagship board code named Gemini with two full fledged Fiji XT GPUs. The new ultra-enthusiast flagship Radeon graphics card is set to replace the current Radeon king of the hill & the holder off the world’s fastest graphics card title, the R9 295X2.

The official product name for the dual Fiji XT board code named “Gemini” is still unknown, so we’ll be using the “Fury X2” designation to refer to the card in the time being. Fury X2 is set to come out next month.  Some figures in the upper echelon of the game development world such as Johann Andersson, chief architect behind the Frostbite engine, have already received a pre-release sample of the new card to play with.

https://twitter.com/repi/status/669829650634440704/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

There have been multiple engineering samples of the card in circulation internally at AMD for more than a month now. AMD engineers have been hard at work optimizing for clock speeds, power and CrossfireX scaling. The specifications for the card have been finalized sometime ago, which we’ve shared in an exclusive earlier this month. The R9 Fury X2 will be the fourth and last Fiji based graphics card from AMD this year. The card will feature two full fledged Fiji XT GPUs with 4GB of stacked High Bandwidth Memory each, for a total of 8GB of memory and a combined memory bandwidth of one Terabyte per second.

Specs:

GPU: Fiji XT x2

Stream Processors: 8192

Compute Units: 128

ROP: 128

TMUs: 512

GPU clock: 1000 Mhz

Memory clock: 500 Mhz

Effective memory speed: 1 Gbps

Memory bandwith: 1 TB/s

FP 32 Performance: 16.38 TFLOPS

TDP: 375 W

If priced right it might be the best single card solution out there.

Source: http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-fury-x2-launching-in-december/

https://twitter.com/repi/status/669829650634440704/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

DAMN SON, WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS?! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Woah woah woah. A 375w card made from 2 cards with a tdp of over 250w each? I need to see this to believe it.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Woah woah woah. A 375w card made from 2 cards with a tdp of over 250w each? I need to see this to believe it.

It's not that hard, the Titan Z had the similar TDP

So Glad that they brought it down to 375watts now it's a pretty reasonable card to buy. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Great, I was wanting to buy a heater for my house but seems like this card has me covered. #TeamRed

lol

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Great, I was wanting to buy a heater for my house but seems like this card has me covered. #TeamRed

hahaha, another heater joke. Too funny man, too funny...

But seriously, 375w? That's a single overclocked 980Ti.

It's not that hard, the Titan Z had the similar TDP

So Glad that they brought it down to 375watts now it's a pretty reasonable card to buy. 

Really? I guess Hawaii is just power hungry. For 375w the performance will be amazing, let's just hope the price is just as good.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

hahaha, another heater joke. Too funny man, too funny...

But seriously, 375w? That's a single overclocked 980Ti.

Really? I guess Hawaii is just power hungry. For 375w the performance will be amazing, let's just hope the price is just as good.

That card is ducking hot. Yes duck. To keep this a clean forum. Also, yeah it"s the cliche AMD comment

Isn't this the successor of the 390X2? 7990X2 < 295X2 < 390X2 < FuryX2

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

That card is ducking hot. Yes duck. To keep this a clean forum. Also, yeah it"s the cliche AMD comment

A: This forum is in no way clean

B: The heater jokes really do get old I must say :P

And @The Official Czex I believe it would be the successor technically.. I wouldn't even really add the 390X2, it really wasn't that different from the 295X2

Is this rlly the type of shit AMD should be focusing on right now...?

Smh -_-

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Isn't this the predecessor of the 390X2? 7990X2 < 295X2 < 390X2 < FuryX2

390X2 is 2x R9 390

295x2 is 2x R9 290X

7990 is 2x R9 280X

so no... 295x2 is WAY more powerful then the 390X2... like way more

Isn't this the predecessor of the 390X2? 7990X2 < 295X2 < 390X2 < FuryX2

Successor you mean?

there was no 390X2 becuase the 295X2 would be the same chips so there was no need to refresh it and sales were probably slow

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

390X2 is 2x R9 390

295x2 is 2x R9 290X

7990 is 2x R9 280X

so no... 295x2 is WAY more powerful then the 390X2... like way more

A lot less VRAM, though.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Successor you mean?

there was no 390X2 becuase the 295X2 would be the same chips so there was no need to refresh it and sales were probably slow

The 390X2 was a GPU made by PowerColor.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443326-powercolor-releases-the-r9-390x2-dual-gpu/

I wonder if it scales with using a dual GPU, or if the architecture limits its from hitting its peak, 

But thats like 14 b transistors in one card, 15 gflops of power

unfortunatley its still a two chip soloution (still not a fan)

but should be interesting to see how this stacks up to some sli nvidia cards

oh...

fap fap fap

might get one and a Fury X for hybrid Tri-Fire setup

that is until my wallet is ready

i have a PSU to power this baby

nothing is overkill with a CoolerMaster 1300W PSU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The card will feature two full fledged Fiji XT GPUs with 4GB of stacked High Bandwidth Memory each, for a total of 8GB of memory

But... that's not how it works.... 

Also, nice to see this is the card set to become the king of all 28nm cards, seeing how Nvidia isn't going to release any dual maxwell cards. This year has me optimistic about AMD, as long as Zen doesn't crap out then I believe they are on the road to recovery.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.