Suggestions for new HDD and a warning for Toshiba users

ThatOCguy
Go to solution Solved by ThatOCguy,

Yeah, I would recommend WD Black or Blue. If you have the budget, get a SSD and separate HDD. If you plan on doing RAID in the future, get a Red Drive. If you just need cheap mass storage and don't plan on loading games or the OS from it, the WD Green.

Luckily with it being black friday I was able to pick up a decent 256gb SSD for 35 pounds. Thanks for the advice on games should be up and running again soon.

Hi all,

It's my first post on this forum and I'm hoping after having the longest day known to man restoring files, Windows and just about everything else someone could suggest a decent SSHD or HDD for a AMD A4 base laptop. Also just to add if anyone who's reading this is running Toshiba I'd recommend you back up your files as the hard drive I've just pulled was just over a year old from it's manufacturing date and I can't even get it to mount anymore. Luckily I managed to pull all the files my NAS backup script doesn't catch from it. So any brand suggested but Toshiba please guys and girls

Thanks in advance if you reply with some advice

ThatOCGuy

Hi all,

It's my first post on this forum and I'm hoping after having the longest day known to man restoring files, Windows and just about everything else someone could suggest a decent SSHD or HDD for a AMD A4 base laptop. Also just to add if anyone who's reading this is running Toshiba I'd recommend you back up your files as the hard drive I've just pulled was just over a year old from it's manufacturing date and I can't even get it to mount anymore. Luckily I managed to pull all the files my NAS backup script doesn't catch from it. So any brand suggested but Toshiba please guys and girls

Thanks in advance if you reply with some advice

ThatOCGuy

Yeah, I would recommend WD Black or Blue. If you have the budget, get a SSD and separate HDD. If you plan on doing RAID in the future, get a Red Drive. If you just need cheap mass storage and don't plan on loading games or the OS from it, the WD Green.

Luckily with it being black friday I was able to pick up a decent 256gb SSD for 35 pounds. Thanks for the advice on games should be up and running again soon.

My mom's toshiba is running windows XP off the stock HDD. So ya...

To give Toshiba credit I had an older one probably like your mums unit, that's why I brought this new one however standards in their products have clearly dropped in terms of build quality and components so I suppose it depends on what generation you're looking at to how long it will last