1 large platter drive to 2 raid 0 drives

Grandtech

Hello all would be helpers! Happy holidays as well! 

First time poster, I've read the help forum rules, but I apologize ahead of time for any missteps. 

I recently purchased two Samsung 850 Pro 500gb SSD's and have set them up in a raid 0 configuration. My issue is that I'm coming from a 2tb hybrid SSD/HD platter drive. I routinely save system images and figured I'd be able to set up the raid and just restore windows on the Samsungs from my system image. Not so! Apparently. My raid says I have 958gb or so of free space, and I've gotten my system image save from my original drive down to about 258/300gb. However when I try to do the system restore its telling me my "Active drive in BIOS isn't large enough for the image." I did some digging and found out that someone had said that if you save a image, regardless of size, it makes note some way of how large that drive actually is. In short, you can't take a 2tb drive and put it on 958gb raid? I'm unsure of this information or a way around it. Its not a lot of data but tedious, even though I rather enjoy the idea of a fresh install of Windows, I'd really rather not. tl;dr Is there a way I can transfer my 2tb main OS onto my 958gb raid array using a system image, when the system image isn't 2tb in size? 

I would normally do a hardware clone of the drives personally, but in this instance there isn't a way to do that, that I'm aware of. 

System Specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI plus (MS-7885)

Mobo firmware: V1.40

Ram: 32gb DDR4-2401(1200MHz) Crucial Technology

CPU: i7-5820 @ 3.3 (no overclock)

Video: x2 Sapphire R9 290 4gb

Current Main HD: Seagate 2TB SSHD drive

Want to move to: Samsung 850 Pro's 500gb in Raid 0 setup. 

I appreciate any help.