EVGA GTX 960 ?

PotatoCthulhu

I was planning on getting a new 1080p monitor for Christmas (my current one is 900p). I was also planning on upgrading my gpu (EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC) so I can actually play the same games (Fallout 4, Rocket League, GMod etc) at reasonable settings at 1080p. But, when I was discussing this with my brother, he brought up the issue of compatibility with my PSU, a Corsair CX 430w. I was wondering if my current PSU could even supply the 960 with enough power. Please help me.

My PC Specs:

EVGA GTX 750 Ti sc

AMD Fx-6300

8GB Pareema 1600mhz RAM

Corsair CX 430

MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard

P.S. Thank you in advance for taking time to read this, but please, please, do not be negative in your comment. If you are going to offer criticism, let it be constructive.

EDIT : Does the 4GB variant (of the 960) have different power consumption? 

~is secretly a doge *shush*

I would say a 380, but the 960 would (probably) work on 430W. I have mine with a i7 2600 on 450W

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I would say a 380, but the 960 would (probably) work on 430W. I have mine with a i7 2600 on 450W

Thank you. I was planning on getting a 380 a week ago but then I remembered that I didn't meet the recommended wattage. I've seen people saying that it won't run at all and I just needed this cleared up. Thanks.

Replace the PSU asap, the CX series is really low quality up to the 600W units(the 750 and 850w units are a bit better), get a XFX 550w unit instead. You should then get a 380 there is no reason for anyone to get a 960 nowadays.

You can run a system with a 380 on a 430 watt power supply fine, but I'd avoid doing that with a low quality power supply.

78761.png

Replace the PSU asap, the CX series is really low quality up to the 600W units(the 750 and 850w units are a bit better), get a XFX 550w unit instead. You should then get a 380 there is no reason for anyone to get a 960 nowadays.

I'd rather not spend another $70 on a new PSU and pay an extra $30 ish on the 380. I just don't have the money for it atm.

I'd rather not spend another $70 on a new PSU and pay an extra $30 ish on the 380. I just don't have the money for it atm.

The R9 380 is the same price as the 960. 

Even if you can't get a 380 I recommend you at least replace the PSU, even for 960.

The R9 380 is the same price as the 960.

Maybe not where the OP lives.