So I just updated to win 10 from my 8.1 op i had for new computer I built and... Prompts please be quite

Matt_Allensy

So I just updated to win 10 from my 8.1 op i had for new computer I built and... Prompts please be quite... I got a prompt that keeps telling me USB device is not working/failed to recognize, but the three USB devices (keyboard, mouse, wifi tab) all work, and my comp keeps binging and its driving me bonkers.. while I play F4 (built the computer for that), What do I have to do to shut if off... 

And does anyone know of any articles I can use to learn win 10/ turn off all those Frg** apps like current news from bing. And how to make the task bar less big/ obnoxious... and move the search bar (who thought it was a good idea to take up a third of the task bar is beyond me)... 

Thanks...

"Look at me I'm a Target"- The Eleventh

Most gaming keyboards are recognized as two USB devices called 'HID Keyboard Device' If you haven't re-installed the software for yours, it could be the culprit. Same goes for some mice.

You can always take a look at the device manager, the malfunctioning device should be tagged there. Dig into the device's properties and look for the VID (Vendor ID) and PID (Product ID) for it. Then look up on Google what exactly you're dealing with.

And lastly, especially if it's a laptop, some integrated devices like card readers and webcams use USB internally to connect to the motherboard.

Most gaming keyboards are recognized as two USB devices called 'HID Keyboard Device' If you haven't re-installed the software for yours, it could be the culprit. Same goes for some mice.

You can always take a look at the device manager, the malfunctioning device should be tagged there. Dig into the device's properties and look for the VID (Vendor ID) and PID (Product ID) for it. Then look up on Google what exactly you're dealing with.

And lastly, especially if it's a laptop, some integrated devices like card readers and webcams use USB internally to connect to the motherboard.

I don't have a gaming PC, I have a Gaming mouse but I have not installed it since the update...

Are you SURE there is nothing else plugged in?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Are you SURE there is nothing else plugged in?

Mouse, Keyboard, Wifi tab thing to get wifi that's it.. for USB and the moniter/Speakers

Mouse, Keyboard, Wifi tab thing to get wifi that's it.. for USB and the moniter/Speakers

open "device manager" within the control panel. Open the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" banner and post what it shows.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

open "device manager" within the control panel. Open the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" banner and post what it shows.

That will have to be later I am not currently at a location to do that...

Pic of hub... I keep looks like its turning on and off like its being plugged in and out...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4O1Qk-GvhvrQlE0Y19FTXhYb2c/view?usp=sharing

Pic of hub... I keep looks like its turning on and off like its being plugged in and out...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4O1Qk-GvhvrQlE0Y19FTXhYb2c/view?usp=sharing

right click on the unknown usb and select "uninstall", see if that fixes the problem

sudo chmod -R 000 /*