Cheap Small After Market Coolers

TheGrim123321

So I'm getting an  I3 4170 3.7GHZ. Some of the reviews on newegg say the cpu gets pretty hot, so I was looking at the Hyper TX 3 but I fear it won't fir in my case. So I guess I'm looking for something that's small but will still sufficiently cool the CPU and is under $20. I'm ordering on Cyber Monday.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

The i3 4170 includes a stock CPU cooler from Intel. Intel stock coolers arent the best, but they also arent the worst. If you want to buy one, maybe you could look at this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html and see what you like out of those. 

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

What case do you have?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

The i3 4170 includes a stock CPU cooler from Intel. Intel stock coolers arent the best, but they also arent the worst. If you want to buy one, maybe you could look at this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html and see what you like out of those. 

I know it contains an stock cooler. All the reviews said that the stock cooler was trash.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

What case do you have?

That's one of the huge problems I'm having, I know it's a fractal case but I can't find the one I bought on PC Part Picker any more.

TheGrim123321

That's one of the huge problems I'm having, I know it's a fractal case but I can't find the one I bought on PC Part Picker any more.

Well that might be a big problem. I think something like a 212 EVO would be just fine, although if you are really worried, you might wanna go with one of the ones in that article I sent you. 

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Well that might be a big problem. I think something like a 212 EVO would be just fine, although if you are really worried, you might wanna go with one of the ones in that article I sent you. 

Only one is in my budget and it's out of stock at newegg

TheGrim123321

Only one is in my budget and it's out of stock at newegg

I'd check other places for it

I'd check other places for it

I can only order from one place, and Newegg is the cheapest for all my current parts.

TheGrim123321

Keep the stock cooler for the PC build. No point paying $50 for a cooler for that CPU (go expensive or keep stock one).

Might add this later...

Sorry didn't check the thread for a bit. I've decided to go with this one. Thanks

Keep the stock cooler for the PC build. No point paying $50 for a cooler for that CPU (go expensive or keep stock one).

All the reviews for the 4170 say it gets really hot with the stock cooler. I'm not overclocking or anything but my room is really hot so I figured I'd better get an after market cooler that can fit my medium-small case.

TheGrim123321