Chrome to much cpu

Aqs

Hello , I just instaled chrome because everyone say it's better than internet explorer , i can't see performance difference but the chrome consume very much and i want to know, why ? 

Just look , Chrome extension are all disabled , both is source quality (on twitch) ie around 40% and chrome around 70% 

I can do something to reduce cpu consum on chrome ?

post-289437-0-73589000-1448572994_thumb.

post-289437-0-56903800-1448572997_thumb.

twitch is a resource whore.

/thread

You could use something called "a browser that is not chrome" since chrome is not well known for optimisation and lightness.

Also its a celeron so you can't expect awesome performance... celerons are Intel's very budget oriented chips, not designed for heavy lifting.

You could use something called "a browser that is not chrome" since chrome is not well known for optimisation and lightness.

Also its a celeron so you can't expect awesome performance... celerons are Intel's very budget oriented chips, not designed for heavy lifting.

my ivy bridge i5m has stutters a bit too on chrome sometimes. Chrome really is a cpu hog. 

Chrome just dosent care about anything other than performance.

I have to use microsoft edge to watch 1080p60 videos on youtube because chrome uses more of the cpu than some games, and still manages to drop frames.

Nothing much you can do. IE, and edge are your best bet for light browsers, but at the cst of features that are available on other browsers like chrome and firefox.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Chrome runs with the grace of an ice skating elephant even on higher power processors like the i7 in my laptop...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

What ? And if is a celeron what ? I ask why the chrome consume more than ie , what heavy lifting , its a simple twich stream O_o . When i open twich in chrome , in task manager is like 4-5 chrome and all consume cpu , when i open in ie , it's just one and it consume less cpu . The difference is so huge and the performance is the same

What ? And if is a celeron what ? I ask why the chrome consume more than ie , what heavy lifting , its a simple twich stream O_o . When i open twich in chrome , in task manager is like 4-5 chrome and all consume cpu , when i open in ie , it's just one and it consume less cpu . The difference is so huge and the performance is the same

Well you have solved your own problem, dude.. just don't use chrome.

A simple twitch stream may not seem like much to you but.. when you consider what your computer must do for you to see it you should hopefully realise that, if it can't be decoded on a GPU then it will hammer your CPU and I expect this is happening here, since chrome is known for bad hardware acceleration.

The multiple processes that you are seeing are because Chrome uses a multiprocess architecture. The GPU, Browser, plugins, extensions, every single tab all get their own process. This is to make the browser more secure and stable.

Also lol @ rounding 50% down to 40% and 65% up to 70%. Way to misrepresent the numbers.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

• 3 weeks later...

go swap it out with a baseline i3 of the same chipset is what i suggest