How to turn ethernet to wifi questions

mattyward1

Can anyone explain what I would need to do to run an Ethernet cable 100m and create a WiFi hotspot from that cable thanks :)

Can anyone explain what I would need to do to run an Ethernet cable 100m and create a WiFi hotspot from that cable thanks :)

100m, i wouldent use ethernet

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Am I right in thinking it's as simple as running the cable from the router to say the WiFi extender I have already and create the hotspot from there ? I already have an extender which has the Ethernet in

Right so if Ethernet is out of the question what other alternatives is there ?:) I'm terrible at networking haha

Right so if Ethernet is out of the question what other alternatives is there ? :) I'm terrible at networking haha

aha well fiber optic would be the best bet, Ethernet nay work at 100m but its a gamble .

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

It may be just short of 100m I'm gonna have to measure fully could fibre optic be used in place of a standard Ethernet and how hard would it be to fit

Just measured up roughly and its 75metres to where I would like the WiFi hotspot

You would need a 100 meter ethernet cable and an access point or a router that has an access point mode.

aha well fiber optic would be the best bet, Ethernet nay work at 100m but its a gamble .

Oh really, is that so? If ethernet is a gamble at 100m, you should probably notify the people that wrote the standard for cat5 and tell them that their 100m rating for maximum allowable length is wrong.

You would need a 100 meter ethernet cable and an access point or a router that has an access point mode.

Oh really, is that so? If ethernet is a gamble at 100m, you should probably notify the people that wrote the standard for cat5 and tell them that their 100m rating for maximum allowable length is wrong.

I have done networking for the last few years, and from my experience, after 100m your connection starts to degrade, you could run 100m, but i would recommend against it! Try not to be rude next time, and i'd be more open to your information!

Just measured up roughly and its 75metres to where I would like the WiFi hotspot

if its just for wifi, id just go with Ethernet mate.

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}