(Digital) Equalizers

GER_T4IGA

What do you think about using a little bit of equalizer on your music? Are there negative effects? Like a tremendous loss in performance?

Bwt I am talkin about a bit (a few dBs) not : "crank that base by 15dB yo...!"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

It's perfectly fine. In theory there is some degredation with 16-bit music, but the benefits far outweigh any theoretical loss in quality.

It's perfectly fine. In theory there is some degredation with 16-bit music, but the benefits far outweigh any theoretical loss in quality.

I would be listening to 24 bit anyway and not adjusting to much. So you basically say that is totally fine? Btw I posted in my other topic about the headache problem. What do you think about the COP's treble?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I would be listening to 24 bit anyway and not adjusting to much. So you basically say that is totally fine? Btw I posted in my other topic about the headache problem. What do you think about the COP's treble?

Yeah, it's fine.

To my knowledge the COP doesn't have much in the way of boosted treble. I'm not sure if there is more info in your other thread, but I would guess that it is due to the ergonimics more than the sound. Either that or you're listening too loud.