Pirate needs to make 200k Youtube views to avoid his fines

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

What some people have troubke understanding is that the argumrnt of possible sales is bullshit. Many people that pirate cannot afford to buy the goods. So they have that option and they take it. I am not affected by it and neither are the companies. I pirated stuff when I was youg and some of it I bought as I got older and had more money. I don't understand these CJW (corporate justice warriors) that are so quick to pass judgement and ask for harsh penalties for people who have literally harmed no one. I mean, the sentences are harsher than if the guy walked into your house, pointed a gun at you, robbed you and then, with that money, buy the latest beyonce CD or whatever the fuck he got in trouble for. It is ridiculous.

If I am to choose between being on the side of the guy who leeched a couple of games and movies or a huge corporation who makes a billion in profit, the corporation can go and fuck itself.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

What some people have troubke understanding is that the argumrnt of possible sales is bullshit. Many people that pirate cannot afford to buy the goods. So they have that option and they take it. I am not affected by it and neither are the companies. I pirated stuff when I was youg and some of it I bought as I got older and had more money. I don't understand these CJW (corporate justice warriors) that are so quick to pass judgement and ask for harsh penalties for people who have literally harmed no one. I mean, the sentences are harsher than if the guy walked into your house, pointed a gun at you, robbed you and then, with that money, buy the latest beyonce CD or whatever the fuck he got in trouble for. It is ridiculous.

If I am to choose between being on the side of the guy who leeched a couple of games and movies or a huge corporation who makes a billion in profit, the corporation can go and fuck itself.

You aren't understanding man. I PIRATE... a bunch of stuff. Who cares if you do it but damn saying that's its...legal or whatever. Cmon that's taking it a tad bit far. On the other case I said nothing about punishments. That's complete BS. You should get a small fine and maybe some community service idk... It should not be comparable to armed robbery or anything of the sort. Btw far as not being able to afford it. I've had the money to buy a game and then thought... its not online. I can just pirate it. The company has billions they wont miss me. Doesn't mean I didn't steal it because if pirating wasn't available I would've bought the game. This isn't the case for EVERYONE so on that I speak for myself. Just please don't say its not stealing >..> Cmon guys were all adults here.

snip

We are all adults and I wasn't mentioning you specifically. I was speaking against the general tine some people here seem to have in their black and white view of the world.

It is not stealing since you are not apropriating of anything. You see, you can steal intelectual property. There are companies who dedicate themselves to it through patent stealing. You have an idea, you develope it, they catch wind of what you are doing, patent it first and charge you for the rights. Another way is if you write a piece of music and I steal it and present it as mine. The act of copying something is not stealing. You don't take intelectual ownership of the product nor do you rob someone of their version of it and prevent them from using it. It is a different act but it definatly isn't stealing.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

So you're saying its unfair for them to make it illegal? It should be legal? Just so I'm on the same page. It should be legal to pirate anything you want since its not stealing?

So you're saying its unfair for them to make it illegal? It should be legal? Just so I'm on the same page. It should be legal to pirate anything you want since its not stealing?

Well, that is not as clear cut as that. Free distribution raises issues but is not necessarily bad. One of my favourite movies (elite squad) was leaked online before its global release. As a result lots of people saw the movie before it came out on the cinema. However the movie was a resounding success in theatres and DVD. Heck, I had seen the movie three times before it came out then watched twice on the big screen and got the DVD when it came out...

The reason for its success was that the movie is good. So lots of people wanted to support it even though they had already pirated it. There are other similar examples.

Now I personaly agree with this distribution model as it would make for a fairer market place (AC unity anyone?) but I understand it is not everyone's cup of tea. So maybe a good first step would be to make it a civil offense instead of a criminal one.

You agree penalties are too harsh so why not start there?

Odly enough, small producers seem to be the ones more comfortable to have their intelectual property freely distributed. This is because they want to reach as many people as possible for that increases sales.

You don't think intellectual property has value? He stole intellectual property.

It does. People shouldnt be fined 500k for piracy though. A new video game costs abou £30-60, so the fine, in my opinion should not exceed 10x the amount of said video game/movie/song

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

It IS stealing you moron!

Lmao, your not the only person I've had to tell this to: Go and read the definition of stealing. Then come back when you realise that copying isn't stealing.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It IS stealing you moron!

i am 100% anti piracy, but its not stealing, its illegal copying - but we are only arguing semantics 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would rewatch it myself 200k times

i bet he's making a refresh macro and giving it to all his buds.

- snip-

Man this backfired hard for them.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

The fact that his fines would be over a half a million dollars is what annoys me, as I hate corporate written laws made simply to appease hollywood

From the topic post it seems like he was distributing Copy righted stuff so half a million doesn't sound too crazy depending on the amount he could of distributed feel like ive heard crazier numbers in the past of people downloading a few things but  if he just downloaded movies/programs for personal use it would be absolutely ridiculous and i think that type of penalty should be no more then 5 times what the cost of the product is or something reasonable but still a little hard hitting would make a Each movie $100 and game $300 if they were new releases. but they always do go for some crazy number whenever it happens  

Piracy is NOT a lost sale, no company should be able to claim 'compensation' for a non-sale.

its not a Lost sale for every time its downloaded but there's no way you can say not a single person who downloaded it would of  never paid for the media/program if it wasn't available to them for free illegally. it may be a small percentage but they company defiantly lost some sort of revenue.

i honestly pirate because its easier then getting the paid versions a lot of the time i wouldn't mind paying for a lot of items i have pirated in the past if there was a easy way to access the entertainment that wasn't a bad experience or wayyy overpriced. the only cable company offered in my area gives out a terrible picture makes me pay for 200 channels i dont want for the 10 i do want along with a laggy slow cablebox experiance it legit feels like they make it shitty as possible because they can and i have no choice since the township in my area wont allow any other cable companies in i dont understand how thats not an monopoly.

i use to download illegal music all the time years ago but now that there's cheap and easy to access streaming services i haven't done that in an very long time and they make $120 bucks a year off me now up from 0. and honestly netflix Hulu and other options have cut back on my pirating of movies/shows but have not been able to fully stop i do also live in a household that has every channel on cable due to others i live with paying for it but its a frustrating crappy service that's $300.00 a month for the plan we have....