Gigabyte R9 390x

Arwanell

so I heard the Gigabyte's version isn't the best...

But i found a dude that wants to trade his 390x for a 970

crazy right? he said he wants an nvidia card because "games are more optimized for nvidia"

lol, since i was planning to buy another 390 and crossfire them, this is a great oportunity for me

I think I'm going to buy a 970 for 360€ and trade it...

it's a 360€ card for 460€ card lol

I won't be overclocking it, so i guess i should be fine with Gigabyte right?

gigabyte is great most of the time

You just need to be prepared for the crap fan motors-they do get a bit loud.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You just need to be prepared for the crap fan motors-they do get a bit loud.

We've had four Windforce 3X cooled 970s running between four different pc's since last January, none of them make so much as a peep.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I'll just list the reasons why I dislike that particular card. You'll have to consider carefully about getting that card. 

1. Hard volt lock(no chance to unlock)

2. Under whelming cooler (dual fan design, heat sink not as big as the ones on Maxwell) 

3. Reviews complain of shutdown issues caused by the 390 version

4. Campared to the Nvidia G1 line, the radeon G1 line is a disgrace

I wouldn't ever consider that card unless its going for really dirt cheap. This card still runs and should be able to play games. That dude got a bad card, makes sense that he wanted to trade it. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

We've had four Windforce 3X cooled 970s running between four different pc's since last January, none of them make so much as a peep.

How long are they run at full load?

PMSL

How long are they run at full load?

Average is probably 6 to 7 hours a day. One in particular is probably close to 16 hours a day knowing my youngest brother. Full load. He has no life.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Average is probably 6 to 7 hours a day. One in particular is probably close to 16 hours a day knowing my youngest brother. Full load. He has no life.

Must be lucky then. Either way a G1 Gaming should be better in all areas than a standard Windforce card-and that's not the case.

PMSL

prepare yourself for a broken bios that forces shut downs randomly and either has fans at 100% of they won't wort at all. Bad card overall. I'd trade it for a 750 Ti anyday.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6