Dell docking station doesnt work?

pooliewoolie
Go to solution Solved by paradigm249,

hi

check all cables, video cable, power cable, and is the PC compatible with the station?

try different video output and input

try with a difference screen if its possible, and a different dock if its possible.

all i can say

Hello everyone, today I got a laptop from my work adn with it a docking station.

Trouble is, It doesn't work or I just don't understand how it should work.

It is a dell e5550 laptop and a dell E-port plus II docking station.

If I put the laptop on the docking station my screen that is connected to the docking station does not react and my laptop won't charge up.

But if I press the power button on the docking station my laptop does go into sleep mode.

So it looks like it does react to direct button presses on the docking station but all cables I put in the dock don't get received by the laptop.

If anyone might know what could be wrong I'll be glad to hear it.

hi

check all cables, video cable, power cable, and is the PC compatible with the station?

try different video output and input

try with a difference screen if its possible, and a different dock if its possible.

all i can say

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

I looked at some other docking stations and found out that ine is most likely broken.

Thanks!